German Shepherds Forum banner

Cherry Hill, NJ or Westminster, MD 19 month sable male

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  MaineLady 
OMG that is so sad!!! Sad for the dog and the owners. I hope a very loving person steps up to help him.

For those that may be interested - don't be scared of by the EPI!!

It is not as big of a deal as it is made out to be, once diagnosis and proper diet are in place. My girl akira has been living with EPI for almost 4 years. You can order the enzymes online and akira's cost about $140 every 5 - 6 months. From the vet expect to pay about $100 for ONE MONTH of meds.

She eats a normal dry kibble that is soaked with warm water and the powder for 20 minutes.

You do not have to "have bloodwork run all the time" - I have no idea what that person is referring to.

With very little extra care, this dog will go on to live a happy healthy life.

I wish he was closer but unless she is willing to ship him there's just no way we can make a drive that far. :( We would take him in a heartbeat.
Is there anyone willing to transport for you? Providing she would be willing to give him to you without being able to meet you first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.