German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was called on this dog but can't help. If there is a rescue in NJ or MD, please help if you can.

I am a 19 month old European German Shepherd...and I am sable in color. I have huge ears and a bigger heart!!! And I even have a chip on me...whatever they use that for!!!

I am in BIG TROUBLE and need help because I really want to live!! My first Mommy came to see me and my brothers and sisters one day and picked me up. The big man said I was the pick of the litter and she couldn't buy me. But in another minute, she picked me up again and I heard the big man tell her that I was the same puppy. She walked to another area and I followed with my other brothers and sisters and you know what, she picked me up for the 3rd time and for the 3rd time the big man said I was the best puppy and he was going to use me as a Stud. What's a Stud? So this woman changed her mind and said she didn't want any one else and turned to leave. So I pulled her pants until she picked me up and said this is the one I want...I'm sure this time. And the big man said you picked the same dog again. But this time the big man changed his mind and said I could go home with this lady. Then some naps, lots of food, and nights later, she came again and took me to my new home.

My new home was lots of fun. I had 5 cats as my new family and lots of toys. And I had a Mommy and Daddy that loved me so much. I went everywhere my Mommy went, even to her doctors office several times. Then she started to teach me how to be a good puppy. I learned fast because it made my Mommy so happy and then she would just show me off more. My favorite place was to go visit Auntie Beth! She was lots of fun and always had special treats for me just because I made her feel good. I love my cat friends at home and my Mommy but Daddy and I are very special together. My Mommy makes me listen and taught me not to go into other people's yards and to stop when I get to a certain place in the yard because she said she couldn't afford a big fence. So I stayed in the yard and played and played and played. I especially loved to retrieve sticks that fell down from heaven when it rained and our walks all over because EVERYONE loves to pet me! There are about 12 kids that live behind us and they love to visit me. My favorite is my Mommy's grandson, Dominic. He was only 3 when I met him, so I was very gentle with him even though he pulled my ears and tried to ride me. I just ran with him and rolled in the yard with him,. He's fun. I like kids!!! And then Mommy started taking me to this park where there were other dogs. OH MY GOOODNESS! Life is good!!! I had so much fun and played so hard with all my new friends. I loved my friends and they loved me. So Mommy would take me everyday.

Then one day my Daddy disappeared for awhile. He was gone a long time and while he was gone, Mommy was sad and she didn't have time for me like she used to. She would come home to feed me and then run me for awhile but then leave again over and over. Then, one day, after a long time, my Daddy came home, but he only stayed in his chair and he used this funny thing in his mouth to help him breath and clouds went around his head. I was just enjoying him being home when he went away again.

My Mommy came and got me one day and took me for a long walk. She was crying. She said that Daddy was allergic to me and would die if he had another attack because of me. But I didn't do anything wrong, I promise. I was a good dog and love my Daddy and even my Mommy!!! She said I was going to have a new family. Then Yvonne started to come over. She would stay with me 5 hours a day. She played with me, groomed me every day and even brought me some special treats!!! And her walks were a lot longer then what Mommy took me on, Yvonne won't let me play with the flashlight, she said I get too excited. But she walks me all the time....even at midnight when it's dark and cooler!!! She took me home after about 5 weeks of playing with me and taking me home over night a couple of times. I adore my new Mommy...and it's just Mommy and me. When we walk, she lets me play with other dogs for awhile. She even lets me play with cats I find. But she won't let me play with rabbits. I really like my new home. Then one day, my poop got really sqeeshie!!! So my new Mommy, Yvonne, took me to the vet and they said they needed to do blood work because I lost almost 20 pounds. After a week my mommy said I had EPI, whatever that is. Now she makes me eat this mush that I don't like. I can't have special treats any more either. Just mush and water and enzymes. But it's okay because I have my new Mommy so much.

Then a couple of days ago I learned my Mommy call my old Mommy and tell her she couldn't keep me any longer that I had to go back to her. I was too expensive with the special food and enzymes and blood work all the time. I tried to tell her to give me my Eukanuba for German Shepherds but she won't. My 1st Mommy and Daddy are crying again. Why are they so sad? What's going on? My old Mommy said I can't go back to them because Daddy will die. My new Mommy said she can't keep me because I need a better home and she can't afford the special food and all. Everyone used to love me now no one wants me. I heard my old Mommy call the big man on Tuesday and I heard him yelling at her on the phone and calling her names I'm not allowed to say, but they start with "f". Mommy cried and cried and then took me back to Mommy Yvonne. My second Mommy said I could stay a couple more days but I had to go. My old Mommy said I couldn't come back to my first home either. Where will I go? What will I do? Will any one love me again?

I don't think anyone wants me. I am well behaved and I listen well, if you're firm and you mean SIT when you say SIT. I even have a couple tricks too! But mostly I have a huge heart and love everybody and everything.

On October 8th I will be 19 months old. I can't believe I have to move again. But where will I go? My first Mommy was crying because she said no one wants me and the shelter said I should be put down...so I laid down for Mommy but she didn't notice. She was just crying and crying.

I need a home. I need to go somewhere that someone loves me. I want to play with friends even if they are cats. And I love the little kids. I just love to be loved.

Can you find me a home? My Mommy says she can't find one. My Daddy said to just come home but Mommy said she can't stand for Daddy to die. Why does he have to die if I come over? I just want someone to want me. I want to show them how good I am and that I love to be fun!!! I have EPI but I don't like it. I don't like the food either, but I eat it. I think I am beginning to get big again too!

Can you help me? Please? I am not neutered because Mommy wanted me to have babies because I was so smart, so sweet and so beautiful, so she says!!! But now she says I can't have any puppies. Life is getting to be too hard. I just want everyone to stop crying and for someone to love me.

Please write or call my Mommy. She's a nice lady, but I think I broke her heart! I didn't meant to do that.

I have papers....and I am completely housebroken. And I do need special food and enzymes.

So write or call my Mommy and let her know if you can help me. I know you may say you don't have room either, but I can hope!!! Mommy doesn't know what else to do. She said everyone else wanted to put me down. Where do they want to go down? I can sit down and lay down. Is that what they mean?

Mommy is:
Catherine Dudley
808 Orlando Terrace
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034-1847
856-321-0145

PLEASE CONTACT CATHERINE DUDLEY LISTED ABOVE IF YOU CAN HELP THIS DOG OR ARE INTERESTED IN HAVING A BEAUTIFUL, WELL BEHAVED PURE BRED GERMAN SHEPHERD.

Special Needs: When a dog suffers from the condition Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, its pancreas fails to excrete enough of the digestive enzymes needed for proper digestion of food. Some of the enzymes are: lipases, to digest fats, amylase to digest starch/sugars and proteases to digest proteins. Even though the dog is eating enough food, and in many cases much more than enough, it is literally starving. Without enzymes to breakdown the food eaten, nutrients cannot be absorbed. If they can’t be absorbed, they can’t be utilized by the body. Owners are feeding there dog plenty of food so they can’t imagine why the dog is severely malnourished and wasting away. About 70% of the dogs known to have EPI are German Shepherd Dogs. About 20% are Rough Collies.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
For those that may be interested - don't be scared of by the EPI!!

It is not as big of a deal as it is made out to be, once diagnosis and proper diet are in place. My girl akira has been living with EPI for almost 4 years. You can order the enzymes online and akira's cost about $140 every 5 - 6 months. From the vet expect to pay about $100 for ONE MONTH of meds.

She eats a normal dry kibble that is soaked with warm water and the powder for 20 minutes.

You do not have to "have bloodwork run all the time" - I have no idea what that person is referring to.

With very little extra care, this dog will go on to live a happy healthy life.

I wish he was closer but unless she is willing to ship him there's just no way we can make a drive that far. :( We would take him in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
420 Posts

It is not as big of a deal as it is made out to be, once diagnosis and proper diet are in place. My girl akira has been living with EPI for almost 4 years. You can order the enzymes online and akira's cost about $140 every 5 - 6 months. From the vet expect to pay about $100 for ONE MONTH of meds.

She eats a normal dry kibble that is soaked with warm water and the powder for 20 minutes.

You do not have to "have bloodwork run all the time" - I have no idea what that person is referring to.

I second that! Our previous GSD had EPI and it really is not that big of a deal. He lived a very happy and healthy life.

I really hope someone can help this beautiful boy.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
OMG that is so sad!!! Sad for the dog and the owners. I hope a very loving person steps up to help him.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
This dog has been placed already.

I did not see that he was in NJ which is only about 12 hrs from here, I thought he was in Maine (the OP's location).

She said to let everyone know that they had a number of people interested in him and already selected one, so he is safe.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts

I wish he was closer but unless she is willing to ship him there's just no way we can make a drive that far. :( We would take him in a heartbeat.
Is there anyone willing to transport for you? Providing she would be willing to give him to you without being able to meet you first.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
We would have been willing to drive the 12 hrs to pick him up, but he has been placed already. :)

I spoke to her - very nice woman.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This dog has been placed already.

I did not see that he was in NJ which is only about 12 hrs from here, I thought he was in Maine (the OP's location).

She said to let everyone know that they had a number of people interested in him and already selected one, so he is safe.
Jeez...I usually double check before posting and am just so swamped with dogs that I didn't since I just got the phone call yesterday. Thanks for checking and the good news.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts