German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some cheap pool noodles. Cut a 6 inch part off and stuffed it in an old knee-high sock, tied a knot in it and it was a success. Griff would have shredded it on the spot had I not kept him busy with it. Deja pretended she was not interested in it at all while Griff went out of his way to show her what he had just scored; very comical sight :grin2:
I think this is a great toy for the little land sharks as it may feel like your arm. Please do not leave them alone with it as the material easily breaks up within the sock under these needle-sharp teeth.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My Grandma always took all the old and single socks and stuffed them inside each other to make a cheap tug, I do the same and since new socks don't darn well there are always socks! Love cheap toy ideas.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I take a plastic water bottle and take the cap off and the cap rim thingy, then I stuff the empty bottle into two socks and tie one or both ends into a knot, and away he goes! Makes a crinkle sound he loves. Heck, I paid $14.99 for a similar fire hose toy with the crinkle sound from a bottle, and he destroyed it in 20 minutes.

Great way to get rid of the socks in the drawer that have holes in them, and the empty bottles going in the trash anyway. Only get 30 minutes to hour of playtime out of one before he reaches the bottle and starts shredding it, but hey, it's cheap! Here he is sleeping with one by his belly. Got lucky that day, and it wore him out!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Cut a pair of old ratty sweat pants in half crotch to waistline. Tie a knot at each end- you have 2 awesome tugs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Or old jeans. I've made bottle covers and stuffed toys (with excised squeakers from store bought toys) from the legs. Or take an entire leg, cut in half lengthwise and knot them up for tug toys. I used to soak them and freeze them for teething puppies when I had the few come through here. I also drilled holes in a tennis ball and used paracord threaded through for a fun throwing and tug toy....It's about 25 feet up, in the Hackberry tree, I got the stink eye from Simon that day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts