German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone want a GS in NC? « » 4:36 PM 7-2-2008

My brother-in-law sent us the following email. We told him we are going to get a GS eventually but unfortunately we can't take him while we still live in our apartment.
Quote »
This was posted on our bulletin today. Just wanted to pass it along in case you know of someone that would be interested ...
German Shepherd needs home

Some friends of mine found a German Shepherd over the weekend. Please see contact information at the bottom of the posting.

My husband, Cameron, rescued an adult male German Shepherd Friday (6/27) at Highway 321 and Interstate 85. We immediately took the dog to the vet; he spent the afternoon at Matthew's Animal Clinic. We brought "Duke" home from the vet where he spent the evening with us. He had a good appetite and even went on a walk with our Golden Retriever around our neighborhood- he did very well on a leash. However, we made the agonizing decision to release Duke to the Animal Control Division of Charlotte-Mecklenburg based on information that this would increase his chances of legal acceptance into a rescue program.

As of today, Duke has graduated into the "Adoption" category, but Animal Control has stated that, due to capacity, Duke must be adopted by this Saturday afternoon, July 5th. His control number is A726511. Please know I would be happy to donate money to whomever takes him for his continued care, food, etc. as I would love to see this sweet boy find a home.

(this was all the info posted...trying to find shelter contact info...and have asked for the OP's contact info)

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cindy...wonderful news!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts