German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to pick up an owner surrender corgi on Friday at Charleston Animal Society this past Friday and met a gorgeous shy female who is too shy right now to be on the adoption floor. Shelter is overwhelmed due to picking up 64 hunting dogs/chickens from 2 different abuse cases.
Director Pearl Sutton is looking for either a home or someone to foster this girl. I visited with her in her pen and a sweet, sweet girl.
Aasta L w/ Germ Sheph Club of Chas is trying to find a foster but if this girl needs out of shelter. Please call Pearl Sutton at 843-329-1550 and use my name if you can foster or bring into your rescue program. Please use my name. I asked Pearl to email photos and hopefully they will be forthcoming.
Walton

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Please keep me updated on her. Send to my email, [email protected]. I will do what I can to help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my name is Linda and I am located in Holly Hill, SC. I am one of the Directors of Sheltered Shepherds Rescue. We are very interested in taking this little girl. Do you have any other info on her? I called Pearl and left a message to let her know that someone would be coming in the morning to take a look at this baby.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've emailed Director of Shelter for photos and will call her tomorrow....i don't think she is in danger and Michelle H in chas has volunteered once she places two of hers...which could take awhile..

wiped out...had a 10 yr old corgi who was owner surrender because her 'back hurt'...and she would bite/snap...took her to my vet to be evaluated, her hips a mess..don't know how she was mobile and in full heat...she went to the bridge and will rest here at walmarsh...i've finally stopped crying...
walton
it's do darn hard

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LInda, I heard from a germand shepher owner off list who knows the breed and she is going to meet this girl today. Sounds like it could be a good match and she has talked w/ Pearl at Shelter- wouldn't it be wonderful if she had a two dog home'
Will keep group apprised..
Walton

·
Registered
77 Posts
Walton, my heart goes out to you. I never knew exactly the hold these furkids can get on you. Even though I grew up around GSD I never thought of them as a life long friend until I meet Buddy. He has my heart almost more then Bob (hubby) does, but don't tell Bob that!! He makes me laugh, giggle and cry all at the same time. I am so amazed at how treasured a small rag type doll can be to him. He is so easy to please and then so much more appreciative of it. He makes us humble for sure. Treasure those memories you have with your dog as he will be looking down watching you to see who you 'rescue' next!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Walton - I am sorry about what you went through with that poor corgi. I will never understand people sometimes. Thanks for your compassion. I am not sure what keeps us going but thank God we do.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Here she is! I met her today. Could not take her out of her kennel. She didnt seem to shy to me. She was all love and wanted some attention. I was not allowed to bring my dd back with me so I dont know how she is with kids but I bet she would be great. Shes just scared. Dont know about cats. Couldnt check any of that. She does have kennel cough. I was told she is not in any danger although she really needs to find a home. I was in tears when I left. I wanted so badly to bring her home but we just cant right now. Pearl Sutton is the person you'd need to speak to. She was a great help today. This pup is a doll and would be a great addition to anyones home. Sorry the pics are not better but I had to take them inside the kennel and didnt have much room.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Does she have rescue committment?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Originally Posted By: DanniDoes she have rescue committment?
Not that I am aware of although Pearl said someone was down yesterday to check her temp but she didnt say who and I didnt think to ask. Sorry...This is all new to me.

I do know that she is not spoken for. Now if the "someone" who was down yesterday is with rescue than maybe she has hope.

·
Registered
443 Posts
What an adorable baby! I hope someone is able to take her, if I lived closer I would take her in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
915 Posts
One more thing...I want to make clear that I am not with a rescue and I am not qualified to temp test. I am just telling you all what I saw and sensed from her and what I was told at the shelter. Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Danni, not to my knowledge...I know that Jen said off list that one german shepherd group was supposed to come yesterday or today
...sheltered Shepherds(?) in Summerville- don't know if that transpired.
As I said before, Aasta Lefencourt is on the board of SPCA and she's very active w/ shepherds/club..pearl was to email her
...all this being said...if there is a reputable rescue who has the time/devotion to work with this girl, I would call Pearl...This shelter just took in about 64 hunting dogs who were neglected/abused. You know the story, often if it''s going to trial/charges pressed, they have to keep the dogs until case resolved and others are put to sleep...The shelter is bursting at the seams.... I do trust Pearl's word that she is safe....for how long?

Jen kennel cough?
IF someone wants to bring this girl into their rescue program, I can pull her but would need particulars on group, transport arrangements etc.
PLEASE email me off list if interested...but please call Pearl First to get particulars
Best
Walton

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Bumping this sweetie to the top -- Kennel cough - she better get meds. before that is a reason to PTS

Remember they are crowded with the hunting dogs -

·
Registered
443 Posts
She is just to cute, I can't stop looking at her sweet face. Man I love those ears! To bad she couldn't use them to fly here to Montana lol.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts