German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -
I have a GSD - Allie, 3 years old and a 9 1/2 year old chow/GSD/Rottweiller? mix named Murphy. They were doing fine on Canidae until around May. Allie often did not want to eat and I was somewhat concerned. Looking back, I think Canidae was having a quality control problem and/or change at that time.

I became aware of the change in formula in late June but was still able to get the old formula and started to explore other food options. Allie could not adjust to California Natural - she actually had a really bad reaction to it.

The last few cans of Canidae C&R had something wrong with the contents - the smell was awful. Therefore, Allie and Murphy are currently eating the old formula ALS and Platinum supplemented with Organix Chicken & Rice canned.

I have Eagle Pack Holistic Chicken & Rice arriving today via UPS to try but Organix has also been recommended to me. The problem with Eagle Pack is that there are no stores that carry it in my area.

Any thoughts on Eagle Pack versus Organix?

Thank you so much.

Mary Lou, Allie and Murphy

·
Registered
24,301 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will get a photo of Murphy the Choweiller uploaded tomorrow - I love that name - everyone for years always says "he is so beautiful - what breed" - now I will just say choweiller.

The food is the dry and the canned for both Organix and EP - chicken formulas.

Canidae has chicken in it so I did not think chicken would be an issue but I must say that Allie's reaction to the CN chicken and rice was horrible.

Just came home to shredded magazines - Allie's way of saying I am bored.

Mary Lou, Murphy and Allie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts