German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 year old male German Shepard (white) as he has pretty much been on the same food for about 3 years. I feed him 4Health Grain Free for Large Breed dogs. Is it a good idea to switch dog foods every so often? Maybe not brand but the type of food? He has been having more loose stools over the past couple of months. Nothing too bad but just not as stiff as normal. Also he seems to have diarrhea after really long walks. I have been thinking about switching foods. A couple years ago he was on Taste of the Wild Bison, but it seemed to give him some intermittent diarrhea. Anybody else use 4 Health Grain Free?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Since the loose stools and diarrhea after long walks have just started within the last couple of months and he has been on the same food for 3 years, I would suggest a checkup to rule out any health issues. If he's fine, then you may want to consider switching foods and/or adding a prebiotic like Optagest which I give or another type. I don't feed 4 Health Grain Free. I feed Baron half Taste of the Wild Salmon and half Solid Gold Barking at the Moon which he is doing well on. Interesting, that I had the same problem as you with feeding all Taste of the Wild but it cleared up when I started to add the Solid Gold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts