German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link with information about upcoming changes to the rally regulations:

http://www.akc.org/pdfs/about/board_minutes/1111.pdf

These changes will become effective on April 1, 2012. Among the changes are some new signs which are listed on pages 33-35. Some of the exercises seem like simpler versions of Utility exercises including a moving stand with call to heel and a simpler version of the signal exercises. I think this is a very smart way for AKC to get people into regular obedience.

Looks like fun!!! :)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
we discussed some of them at our last club meeting and are working on the new regs in class. I like the changes

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the changes too - I especially like the introduction of simpler versions of utility exercises. I know when Gavin and I started utility there is alot to learn. It was helpful to already have a moving stand from rally excellent. :)

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Thanks much for sharing...... :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like the changes! I already ordered my new signs from Your One-Stop Shop for AKC Rally Supplies and Equipment
They came laminated, which was much cheaper than me having to get them done at a print shop.

The change I really liked to see was a substantial deduction 6-10 points for luring or pleading with the dog. I have watched people lure their dogs through the whole course, even in RE and that is not what the sport is about. It takes away from those who have actually trained their dogs to work as a team.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts