German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed my dog's food for some Orijin .. wich is way better quality.
does a new food into a dog's system can bring a UTI ?

since i started to mix that new food with the old one , my dog is drinking like 5x more.. and have hard time staying clean into the house ... i almost have to bring him pee like when he was 2 month old to be sure he dont drop on the floor...

so does a UTI can be cause because of a new food ? does the mix of those 2 food can produce a chimical unknow thing that make him be more deshidrated .!?

poop are ok and good looking . hes scratching a bit , but always did ... i dont know ...............

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
Jw what you were feeding before? I know my girl (who is prone to UTI's) does better on certain foods than others. She seem to be doing best on Taste of the Wild High Prairie as far as grain free foods go. I had her on TOTW Pacific Stream but she did get a UTI during that time and was peeing fairly often. (We also put her on Propalin around the time I started the High Prairie though so that might have something to do with her urinating less) On grain foods, Solid Gold Just A Wee Bit (Wolf King is the "larger" bite pieces of the same food. I think one or two ingredients might be different) was the best for her.

I've never tried Orijen before.

If a UTI has been diagnosed then I'm guessing your dog is on antibiotics right? I would also supplement with a cranberry pill. (DON'T give you dog cranberry juice!! The "cocktails" are filled with artifical ingredients and sugars which are bad for dogs and pure cranberry juice I doubt a dog would drink considering how disgusting and bitter it is which is why I recommend a pill.)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Also if your pup is on antibiotics make sure you are feeding yogurt or kefir. Antibiotics will kill good bacteria as well and this will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts