German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A separate thread to share some of Chandra's trial videos!

Most recently we were at a USDAA regional, competing mostly in the Starters classes. Chandra has only done a handful of trials so we're still in the "getting ring experience" stage and she's coming along really nicely. One Q at the regional in Snooker, three nice "just one thing" runs, and one "well this is a disaster" run. lol. I'm really proud of the Snooker run though. Chandra has been struggling with 6 weaves in trial (though so far she has done 12 in trials just fine, it's just 6 that she blows by) and on this run she did 6 weaves perfectly three times so I thought she was pretty awesome for that! And no bars knocked!

Here is the Snooker run and our two Jumpers runs, which were just one bar from a Q. In trials lately I have been trying to focus on trusting my handling decisions and pushing to get places instead of being tentative. I've been doing this long enough that I know the Qs will come eventually and try not to focus them even though Qs are nice reinforcement for us humans. ;) Chandra is still a "new" dog that I am figuring how best to handle her, but we're improving.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that was great to watch, she has a nice speed!!
And was it the judge in the last run who was dancing? So enthusiastic, nice to see!:wink2:

Was it a trial without contacts? Or were these different courses?
Haha yes that was the judge, Paco. He is very enthusiastic. :)

There were contacts in other runs at the trials. The Jumpers runs don't have contacts, and they are optional in Snooker and weren't included this time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts