German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend asked me to watch his 8 week old short-haired pointer for a few hours. I thought that would be a good chance to socialize Cedar with a much smaller, more delicate animal. It couldn't have went better. She was pretty gentle and seemed to know she can't play with it the same way she plays at the dog park. There were a couple times where she bit it's paw a little too hard and the pointer would turn and give her a snarl and a snap, which made Cedar back off and realize she was being too rough. I didn't have to intervene once, Cedar was gentle and anytime she got a bit too rough, the pointer had no trouble letting her know it.

Anyway, thought I'd share a few pics. Most of them turned out bad because I used my camera phone, but there's a couple good ones.

ps. The pointers name is Jersey

Attachments

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Ah, I love pix #9 and #10...super cute!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
The is so cute!! What a good girl!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
I love the last picture! They are all so cute!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Aw! Hope they get to keep playing together as the pup grows up. It's fun to watch how their interaction changes. Panzer played with my sister's lab, Max, right from when we got him at 8 weeks. Max was so good and gentle with Panzer. Panzer couldn't ever catch Max. Now at almost 9 months, Panzer is faster, stronger and more agile than Max. Max isn't gentle with him anymore! :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
so gentle with the puppy too! Too adorable!!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Awwww!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts