German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that Wolfie was a cat in a past life. A few weeks ago, he sniffed a mouse out of an old hockey bag in the basement. I put mousetraps all over the basement, and yesterday, he comes prancing upstairs, tail held high, and proudly drops a mousetrap at my feet. It had a mouse in it. He acted like he was the great hunter and brought me a prize. When he was 4 months old, we opened up our beach house, and he brought me a dead squirrel.He loves chasing rabbits all over the yard too. He stalks birds all over the beach. He crouches and creeps really slow, then freezes like a statue, them gets a little closer. He really gets close to the birds, and then pounces. My mother gets the biggest kick out of this. She says he looks like a lion stalking prey in the wild. Wolfie LOVES fish and seafood. He goes nuts whining and sniffing if I even open a can of tuna, and even worse when I am cooking fish. This summer, when we were making lobster, he grabbed one of them and tried to run off with it. He is always cleaning himself. I have never seen such a clean dog. He comes in and goes right to cleaning his paws. He also likes to "groom" us. He nibbles at our feet with his front teeth and licks them too. It's like he is cleaning us. lol. I am expecting him to meow at any moment! LOL! What would be a good job for Wolfie? GSD's aren't hunting dogs. Maybe herding?

·
Registered
636 Posts
HAHA. I say the same thing of Minna -- her tail even moves around like a cats tail does!

Wolfie's stories are always too funny and cute!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
LOL How funny! Ozzy does the same thing with the bird stalking. Haha, it's so funny! Especially because he's so little. xD

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL How funny! Ozzy does the same thing with the bird stalking. Haha, it's so funny! Especially because he's so little. xD
That must be adorable when Ozzy stalks birds!!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
becareful with the traps in the basement.
you don't want Wolfie getting caught in one.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i didn't let my dog stalk things or chase after
things. suppose i'm walking down the street
and there's a deer, rabbit, bird, cat or dog
on the other side of the street. my dog is off leash.
i didn't wwant him chasing after things. we're in the woods a lot. i didn't want him chasing things in the woods (running off).

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
becareful with the traps in the basement.
you don't want Wolfie getting caught in one.
They are glue traps, and he has already come to me with one stuck on his foot. A little vegetable oil gets the glue off.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wolfie's stories are the best. He sounds like a big lovable goof ball. :) I want a Wolfie!!!!

Shadow does the stalking thing too, I love watching this. They do look like lions stalking their prey. Ha Shadow does it at the park when we see one of her friends, the none GSD watch her like WTF!!! She can hold the statue stance for soooo long. wish she'd put that much effort and concentration into other stuff. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts