German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up with my dog going nuts for cat poo like its endless shrimp at red lobster??
:rolleyes:

No matter how much I get on him, he never listens when it comes to cat poo. Could be worse I guess..

·
Registered
604 Posts
Too bad we can't use it for training treats. MY dog Britta has perfected the "pelican swoop" while we are out on walks. She smells it long before I do, of course; then it's "pretend nothing's going on" and swoop...just like a pelican grabbing a fish.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
They just like poo. We had an incident a couple weeks ago where the shepherds got into the cat room and the puppy carried some down the hallway. We had to make them throw up to make sure they did not get some of the scoopable crystals because it can damage their kidneys. All is ok with them. Hubby was suppose to be watching them while I was vacuuming. I came out and discovered cat poop down the hallway and Victor eating all the cat food too. Needless to say that room is now baby gated. I have rabbits also and I have to watch them with that too. They are always trying to find a stray poop pellet on their way out the door. I taught them drop it and it actually works sometimes the puppy will take off with a poop pellet but I chase her down and get it out of her mouth.

·
Registered
32,373 Posts
Ooh! and there is nothing quite like getting a face licking from a dog that was imbibing in their drug of choice.:sick:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I remember when I had rabbits. They'd kick up their poopies everywhere. Sania would come in and they would all magically disappear off of the floor! Hmmmm.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I sabbotaged some of the cat poop by putting hot sauce on it and making the kitties eat puree pumpkin. He doesnt even try anymore. Well...at my sister's house, he pulled out the "tootsie rolls" and laid them out like a bread crumb trail back to the litter box....didnt eat the poops...just laid it out like a trail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.