German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got up one morning last week, I noticed a plastic buckle and D-ring lying beside my older dog's bed.

I picked them up, and looked at them. The buckle had a piece missing, so I tossed it out. Now, I do leather work, so I frequently buy buckles and D-rings to make collars or harnesses. I thought she'd probably gotten hold of a bag that had these items in it, or maybe the cat had knocked them off my work table. Strange thing was, I was fairly sure all buckles and D-rings were in my storage drawers, as it's not something I've been working on lately.

The light finally dawned three days later when I was at training, and couldn't find the flat buckle fabric collar I use on my younger dog for obedience. It wasn't in the car, and I remembered she'd worn it into the house after our previous training session, and I'd taken it off her and put it on my desk. It fell on the floor, and I didn't bother to pick it up right away, then forgot about it.

Star had gotten her paws on it and eaten THE> WHOLE>DARNED>THING!! :surprise: My elderly 11 year old lady. Did it bother her digestion?? Nooooo....never noticed the slightest hitch!

She used to eat towels and bedding when she was a pup, but this is the first time she's eaten a whole collar!! :help:

Here's Eska wearing the collar: She really did look pretty in pink! :crying:

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would be searching for some bright pink poops. Daughter's cat didnt show sign of blockage until over two weeks later - it was partial and then shifted. He has a thing for foam rubber and had eaten a 2" x 1" area of sole off a cheap pair of Old Navy flip flops. 2 years later she still has to be hyper vigilant about what is in his environment and he will open drawers and cabinets and backpacks to find it.

Is leather digestible? I never did find the 8" section of leash that Trickster scarfed last year and I thought of that damned cat the whole time.

·
Premium Member
11,388 Posts
Oh Star!!!!!

Hope she passes the fabric one way or another!!!!

Eska would look better in purple anyway

Lee

PS Komet sends his love and told me he misses her LOL LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hellish, I will do a patrol of the backyard looking for pink poops. I'm not too worried though: this is the same dog that used to routinely demolish the toughest toys I could buy her, and they'd pass a day or two later in her poop just fine!

She'd eat black kongs for breakfast!!

Eska sends love back at Komet, and says she's sorry she couldn't give him any pups. :crying: Hopefully next time... :laugh2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This was pretty typical of how it went:

First picture: YUMMMM! New toy to play with!!

Second picture (and I kid you not!) Just one week later...

Those Tire Biters were tough toys, too! You can see the rubber was reinforced with threads to make them harder to tear apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
We also have a tirebiter - and it was surviving fine until I wedged a peanut butter filled Kong into it to give him a puzzle. He has ripped thru the inner sidewall, but has no desire to finish the damage. Rubber must not be his jam, like it is for your girl!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts