1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Amos

Shepherd: An adoptable dog in Cassopolis, MI

Large • Young • Male

Don't let the camera fool you. Amos weighs in at 110 lbs! He is one giant gorgeous fella! Amos has been passed around family members. His latest caretaker felt he deserved a home where his family loved, played with and cared for Amos. Amos is 5 years old, reportedly housebroken, likes dogs, and likes to play. He really does not care to be " loved on", but petting is ok under his terms. Amos does not like you to have a stare down contest! He is a great watch dog, and will scare any burglars away, just to see him! Amos is a great fella, not needing constant attention, but should not be ignored! He is up to date on his shots, but will need neutering soon.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Shepherd | Cassopolis, MI | Amos

Amos's Contact Info

Cass County Animal Control, Cassopolis, MI
  • 269/445-3701
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

BUMP

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Sooo handsome!
I bet this boy gets adopted out quickly...just hope they really screen his potential adopters so he has a great forever home.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump for this handsome guy in a gassing shelter!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump for Amos. He is still listed.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
I hope it is because they are being picky about where he ends up...and realize he is worthy of a good life.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amos is no longer listed on petfinder. I hope he good a home.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I find it ironic that a shelter which cares enough to put a bandana on a dog to make him look more adoptable would then resort to gassing as a method of "euthanasia" - somehow the two don't go together, at least not in my mind. I hope too that Amos found a home - if not, RIP handsome boy...

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Registered
641 Posts
Susan, you are right we are working so hard here in Michigan to stop the gassing at these shelters. There are a few that still do and also sell to research. There is a bill in house that concerned people of Michigan are trying to get passed.Its a ongoing struggle but we WILL NOT give up the fight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts