German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog had two bouts of diarrhea this weekend...unfortunately first was missed by us, and was on white carpet.

We cleaned immediately, but the stain is clearly still present, 1 week later.

Other attempts at stain removal have been unsuccessful.

I searched the site, found rec of white vinegar and water.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Sorry cant help..maybe professional carpet cleaning? Rocky had that problem once and we ended up with about 10 different places on the carpet. Took alot of stain remover and several carpet cleaning sessions but I got it out. (Our carpet is dark so I am sure it was much easier to get out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We bought a Bissel steam cleaner ($125) and it was the best $125 we ever spent. Kaiser just had diarrhea last week and went on our carpet three times. We have beige carpeting, but you can't even tell they were ever there now! Much cheaper than getting a professional to do it

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I agree with the bissel, I don't know what I would do without mine, it has taken out stains that I couldn't on my own with many efforts and I clean my carpets once a week with it (I have very light carpet as well). I haven't tried on pet stains as I haven't had that problem yet but with a dog, two cats and a 5 year old who constantly spills it is a GODSEND for me! My carpets always look great now.

My sister, though, her dog had bad diarrhea several times and I talked her into getting one and it did take it all out with no sign it had been there. She is still thanking me for talking her into getting one LOL

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
I got a bissel spot bot and love it
had to use it a few times these past couple of weeks my darling lab has exploded instead of going outside the stubborn bitch

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The best carpet cleaning product I have ever used is Folex. You can get it at Home Depot. It comes in a white spray bottle with black writing.

Spray stain with Folex spray and let sit for a few minutes. Use a carpet cleaner with hot water and white vinegar to clean area.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone.

The Bissel sounds like a good investment.

Will try the Folex now.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've never had to deal with explosive diarrhea on the carpet, so I don't know if this will work, but it does work on pee stains...

8 oz. hydrogen peroxide
1 level tsp. baking soda
1 tiny drop dish detergent

soak the area with the solution, let it foam, then put a towel over it to blot overnight. discard any leftover solution.

Note: I have industrial grade carpet in my living room (where all the peeing was happening) and it's safe for that, but you should probably test on an inconspicuous spot before using, if you decide to try it.

Also, another thing I've used for various stains....Fantastik "Oxy Power" spray cleaner. I love the stuff for getting out dirt and stains, and it smells fresh too.

Hope you can get those stains out, no matter what method you choose

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Quote:The best carpet cleaning product I have ever used is Folex. You can get it at Home Depot. It comes in a white spray bottle with black writing.
I second this. We have had great results with Folex as well. Besides Home Depot and Lowe's, you can also get it in some Walmarts and some Target stores, but not all of the latter carry it. It's a white bottle with purple print on it, not black.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Thanks Historian, it has been a few years since I have bought a bottle (I have hardwood floors now). They must have changed the print color. Good to know that you can get it at few other places.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts