German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys remove odor from the carpet. Callen had the runs last night on the carpet, I got most of the smell out but some still lingers :sick:

·
Registered
391 Posts
vinegar. granted after that your house smells like a douche, but it's better than poo.

*just kidding, if you don't over use the vinegar the smell fades.

can you rent a steam cleaner?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
apple cider vinegar can work nicely. regular vinegar but apple cider smells better!!!! i would also do a baking soda soak on the spots you're having trouble with. That will help ease the smell too. Just pour some baking soda over the spots that are still troublesome and let that sit for about 10 minutes and then pour a little bit of water over the area and scrub and let it sit for 3-4 hours before you blot up the remainder.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Over the years I've had excellent results with Odo-Ban for those unwanted doggy odors!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Over the years I've had excellent results with Odo-Ban for those unwanted doggy odors!

OH YEAH!!! Odo-Ban is awesome!!! i totally forgot about it. Which reminds me to put it on my shopping list for pay day lol.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I actually do have a carpet cleaner, I am going to run over the entire carpet as a rinse. I had to use my spotbot to clean the mess and of course I have clean spots now! I may try the apple cider for now and put Odo-ban on my list.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
This! Little Green (R) Deep Cleaner
...and Bissell's (what we call) "pet juice" (OXYclean pet something?).
The stuff is super expensive IMO but so worth it... I tried all sorts of cleaners in the machine but the Bissell stuff is the best.
You just load up the machine, place it on the spot and press a button... It works on the spot for about 15 minutes and it's a complete miracle on "runs stains"... It leaves a lovely clean circle in your carpet but that goes away on its own with time LOL.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
This! Little Green (R) Deep Cleaner
...and Bissell's (what we call) "pet juice" (OXYclean pet something?).
The stuff is super expensive IMO but so worth it... I tried all sorts of cleaners in the machine but the Bissell stuff is the best.
You just load up the machine, place it on the spot and press a button... It works on the spot for about 15 minutes and it's a complete miracle on "runs stains"... It leaves a lovely clean circle in your carpet but that goes away on its own with time LOL.
I agree! We have a carpet cleaner and use this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We use either OUT Pet Stain and Odor Remover (White bottle with pink label and handle) or Woolite Pet Oxygen. The OUT is really good with odors because it has enzymes that break down the source of the odor. Its not harsh smelling, and it's easy on your skin.

When we have a really bad stain, i use the Woolite Pet Oxygen. It is extremely strong smelling, and you need to wear gloves. But i havn't meet a stain that it couldn't remove. It even got blood out of the carpet after Sadie cut her gums on one of the Nylabones.

I like that it cleans the stain, but doesn't leave that bleached out white spot like spot-shot does.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Having the same dilemma with cat odor. My cat is HORRIBLE with his litterbox and likes to leave fun suprises!!! I use the same recipe that people use for de-skunking. And for the dish soap I used anti-bacterial since odor is caused by bacteriaRecipe: 1 qt (4 cups) 3% hydrogen peroxide 1/4 c baking soda 1 tsp liquid soap

·
Registered
936 Posts
Natures Miracle always worked for us.

·
Registered
485 Posts
My mom swears by using vinegar and baking soda - it took out spots that Kokoda left on my brothers BRAND NEW white carpet when she randomly got the runs the only day she has ever been at his house. She got a measuring cup of vinegar and held it over the spot, then dumped a few tablespoons of baking soda in it - let the foam overflow on the spots, left it for a few minutes then soaked it up with paper towel. There wasn't a mark on the carpet after, and nothing has bled through in the almost year since. It always took out urine spots that her dog left that the steam cleaner left behind (even old spots). I have always used Natures Miracle for urine, but we've never had a poop accident at home, so I don't know how that works.

·
Registered
537 Posts
We bought a steam carpet cleaner when Mia was a puppy...best money I have ever spent. I dilute Resolve for spot cleaning...it smells very nice, but my husband swears Woolight carpet cleaner for pets works better than Resolve for removing odors.

·
Banned
5,218 Posts
The furniture/tools attachment on my carpet cleaner works wonders. Those spots become the cleanest spots on my carpet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts