German Shepherds Forum banner
681 - 693 of 693 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #681 ·
Come over to Carey, Ohio and I'll film. 🙂
We have been thinking about camping at Van Buren State Park. I'll let you know if we plan a trip down your way!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
We've camped there with our granddaughter, half is horse camping. It was nice hearing the horses at night. Very small campground.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Nothing but a big ol' thumbs up for you David. I love it when a plan comes together .... I'm sitting up by the lake in the boathouse with both dogs watching a big thunderstorm....both dogs just laying on the dock with me calmly waiting for the thunderboomers to pass so we can get on with our day; nothing like these dogs

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #684 ·
Nothing but a big ol' thumbs up for you David. I love it when a plan comes together .... I'm sitting up by the lake in the boathouse with both dogs watching a big thunderstorm....both dogs just laying on the dock with me calmly waiting for the thunderboomers to pass so we can get on with our day; nothing like these dogs
I agree that there is nothing like a good GSD. They are like lab x lion offspring. Does it really get better than that?

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #685 ·
Progress with sit pretty. The new command is HAAAAYYYY.

Detailed video coming :)

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #687 · (Edited)
Looks like he nailed that one. That’s not the easiest trick for me to teach.
It happened incidentally with a chunk of steak, so I used those same circumstances to capture it and then went from there. I have a camera man lined up for this weekend to do some Nosework videos and I plan on getting a few of the HAAYYYY training as well. I can walk around him and he will hold it some of the time.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
Hot out this morning.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
David, please, please start a blog.
You are such a great writer and Valor is such a good subject.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love reading it!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Well, he did find time to write a whole book while serving in the military, so, yeah...
Yeah I'd follow his blog too! It's just that, he said they're selling their house and he does have other commitments it seems...

Reactions: REEHGE

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #693 ·
Well, he did find time to write a whole book while serving in the military, so, yeah...
When I wrote the Fama story, I was fresh back from deployment, so no work for a month, on my way out of the Army to go contract, so no work besides the occasional appointment, and my family was back in Ohio so I was living in my friend's spare bedroom avoiding their screaming kids.

I'm not sure what I would write about, but if I started writing, I'm sure stuff would come.

Reactions: Saphire
681 - 693 of 693 Posts