German Shepherds Forum banner
641 - 660 of 693 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #641 ·
We are camping on South Bass Island. Home of Put-In Bay. Mini Key West. Lots of bars with outdoor seating. Golf carts running everywhere. Generally intoxicated participants in the island wide party everywhere.

We went bar hopping for 5 hours with the dogs. Lots of attention, loud music and people, other dogs... Loads of fun.

Valor is very attentive to his surroundings but calm. Willing to meet people but generally uninterested in doing so. Just a good boy.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
We are camping on South Bass Island. Home of Put-In Bay. Mini Key West. Lots of bars with outdoor seating. Golf carts running everywhere. Generally intoxicated participants in the island wide party everywhere.

We went bar hopping for 5 hours with the dogs. Lots of attention, loud music and people, other dogs... Loads of fun.

Valor is very attentive to his surroundings but calm. Willing to meet people but generally uninterested in doing so. Just a good boy.
Breed standard. Good boy!

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
This is how we watch TV :)

I regularly do long down stays as well.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
I still can’t get over how much he looks like Gus 💚💙

Reactions: Saphire

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
Reactions: Saphire

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #647 ·
I ran sound at an outdoor event today. I took Valor for setup and he stayed for the whole event. He was off leash the whole time.

He's just a go everywhere, do everything dog. I let him roam as he pleased. There was about a hundred people in the audience. Lawn chairs and picnic tables kind of thing. He would occasionally wander around and say hi to newcomers and then make his way back and lay down.

I love this dog.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sounds like he had a blast!

So happy that life is beginning to open up again. 😊

Going to my first "jam" next Saturday. They still ask for masking though, and I've never tried to play a stringed instrument for 2 hours while wearing a mask, so it could be utterly Miserable...
will just leave early if I can't take it!
I'm also curious about what the people who sing, do. 😷

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 ·
Sounds like he had a blast!

So happy that life is beginning to open up again. 😊

Going to my first "jam" next Saturday. They still ask for masking though, and I've never tried to play a stringed instrument for 2 hours while wearing a mask, so it could be utterly Miserable...
will just leave early if I can't take it!
I'm also curious about what the people who sing, do. 😷
All our restrictions are removed.

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
665 Posts
Looked like fun!

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #653 ·
First time on a boat. By the end of the afternoon, he was diving off the bow, retrieving and coming back up the ladder by himself.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 ·
He’s maturing into a nice dog.
Yeah. I like him a lot.

We were at my brother in law's. They have a APBT and an American Bulldog. They got along very well with both my dogs. Apparently that's a first as they were worried about it.

The APBT had a seizure in the other room and Valor jumped up from under the table and went to check on her. We wouldn't have known otherwise.

Valor also jumped up on the front rack of a 4 wheeler and rode through the woods with me. First time. No training.

He's just a good dog with dog nerves and a do anything attitude. In all honesty, that's more important to me than protection work, though I feel he will do well.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Yeah. I like him a lot.

We were at my brother in law's. They have a APBT and an American Bulldog. They got along very well with both my dogs. Apparently that's a first as they were worried about it.

The APBT had a seizure in the other room and Valor jumped up from under the table and went to check on her. We wouldn't have known otherwise.

Valor also jumped up on the front rack of a 4 wheeler and rode through the woods with me. First time. No training.

He's just a good dog with dog nerves and a do anything attitude. In all honesty, that's more important to me than protection work, though I feel he will do well.
I’d certainly rather have a dog with a good attitude and strong nerves than a dog with weak nerves and amazing protection work.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·
I’d certainly rather have a dog with a good attitude and strong nerves than a dog with weak nerves and amazing protection work.
Oh I concur. That's a liability.

·
Super Moderator
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·
I'm officially a fur daddy. I'm teaching him to sit pretty.

Day 1

641 - 660 of 693 Posts