German Shepherds Forum banner

301 - 320 of 428 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Will be funny when Valor is older and he can again be photographed with Gus.
I think I'm going to pull the camper up and stay with Sapphire for a couple weeks when she gets a pup. It will be fun to see Valor and Gus together. Those will be good pics.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hahaha... Still too warm for that! I used to do that with Fama in the winter. I have a mountaineering bag good down to 40° F. With her in the bag, it could be 5° and we were fine.
I have a queen sized sleeping bag for Fall camping I have used even in the Winter temps. My female dogs would still just lay on top, same as Harley. Even when I tried to cover them up with a simple blanket, they would just shake it off and lay on top.

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
I think we need more pics!

What have you guys been up to?
We've been camping and hanging out. Not a lot of "training" per say, but reinforcing good behaviors. I'm uploading a video now of a bit of a hike so you can see what he's looking like now a days.

Reactions: Saphire

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
He looks more and more like Gus every time I see him... especially that first pic. Like father like son, both are stunning.

How old is he now anyways?
6 Months 10 days, and yes, he definitely looks like Gus!

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
This is a clip from the middle of a 5 mile hike. Not much going on that I haven't shown before. He's starting to look like a big boy!

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #311

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
319 Posts
Has he ever lost the toy in the brush lol?

Reactions: mattishere

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Soooooo when are you taking him herding so we can see THAT video? 🤣🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Soooooo when are you taking him herding so we can see THAT video? 🤣🤣🤣
I'm looking for a trainer that's remotely local. Why, you want to see him get whacked :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
In hindsight I should have seized more opportunities at practicing recalls when my puppies were into scampering after birds and butterflies.Face Palm!I always 'paid' them for engagement but taking it a step further would have been a better foundation.Excellent video!
I watch David’s videos and think “omg did I ever mess up when raising Gus”.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Ugh! Never teach a dog to open a fridge, lol.

Dumb ex taught my Dane to fetch him beer. First issue was her discovery that she could crush the cans, nice mess that she thought was grand fun. Second issue was twofold, she learned she could take everything out of the fridge AND he did not teach her to close the fridge. Third issue was that she translated her fridge opening skills to everything, so the stove, the cupboards, the closets.
Danes are large dogs, their reach is quite interesting.
well Gus has learned to open meat freezers full of his food sooooo I agree with this lol

301 - 320 of 428 Posts