German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does the time go.....it has been a lot of fun and very exciting to watch Gus grow and develop.
I am happy and excited to say that he is now big enough that the Solicitors no longer come through the gate to knock on the door!! Woohoo

This kid is fun!!

Rise and Shine Tyler!!

I love my girl.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Handsome dog

·
Registered
31,813 Posts
He's gorgeous!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
those are great!

·
Registered
71 Posts
looks some what like my boy.. beautiful :wub:

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
He's very handsome!

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Thanks everyone.

Gus over the shoulder - this is something we do with dogs going in to service . Drape around neck and , or, over one shoulder and do a short jog so that they are used to and comfortable with being transported . Comes in handy if dog is injured , or you have to get him over something .
Handler trust .
When I do this when they are pups I feel them, feel their comfort and handler trust by how they rest or let their weight drop, body tension. No scalp biters or hair rippers.

Dogs actually enjoy it and will assist in getting up there.

Comes in handy. Try lifting a dog that is on the ground , resisting, dead weight.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Truly stunning :wub:

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
What a gorgeous boy!
I especially love the hockey picture watching "his kid" out on the ice(big hockey fans here!!!)!
Is Gus from one of your breeding's?
Are you preparing him for a service dog for someone?

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Gus is Carmspack Sumo and Chiba vom Parchimer Land

Sumo (the sire) is a brother to Laurel's Journey who is getting ready for SchH 1 .

He is in training for search work with owner Saphire .
His brother is in training for service work.

I'm not sure if "his kid" is on the ice . This is one of the locations the dog visits as part of his social experience, exposure to a wide range of environments.

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Gus is Carmspack Sumo and Chiba vom Parchimer Land

Sumo (the sire) is a brother to Laurel's Journey who is getting ready for SchH 1 .

He is in training for search work with owner Saphire .
His brother is in training for service work.

I'm not sure if "his kid" is on the ice . This is one of the locations the dog visits as part of his social experience, exposure to a wide range of environments.
Really nice!
Love the Czech in there!:)

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
He is very typical to this family line Carmspack Sabrina

generations, forward and backward - like this one brother to Sabrina

the Czech portion of the pedigree does not resemble this .

I look to collecting herding genetics .

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
The unit also has the sire . So a father , son team .
Took two breeding to Chill before putting him in service . In Canada service dogs can not be bred .
Sabrina and Tazer (and other littermates in LE) are Chills offspring .My male Simon and Chunko SchH3 - nationals - decoys choice are Chills other progeny. Simon has produced many LE dogs .

That is why many of my pedigrees don't list OFA's because the dogs I use are often dogs having gone through full and extensive training , evaluation, acceptance , bred before relinquishing them, younger than two . They are however, xrayed , usually more than once. I do one set to determine how and if to continue with the training , again pre-purchase , and then again by the dept taking the dog.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Nice solid looking pup!

I love "carrying" my dogs too.. lol.. Zefra loves it, Stark is too heavy for me to do it! LOL

Carmen, very nice combination.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts