What a stunner :wub:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Very handsome dog

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
He certainly grew into a beautiful boy. Very handsome.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

The real thanks is for Carmen who has spent countless hours with me, teaching and showing me what a GSD is and should be. Invested so much of her limited free time to teach and explain RAW feeding, supplements and the benefits of. She has come to watch almost every training session. Gus is exactly what she said he would be. I could not have asked for a better mentor but most importantly I have gained an amazing friend. She is truly a gift to Gus and I.

Thank you Carmen.

·
Registered
9,486 Posts
I will always think of him as the adorable fuzzygator with the green ear. :wub:

He is turning into quite the gorgeous dog! He has a beautiful face and his coloring has become quite striking.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well Gus has reached his one year mark...just over. This year has gone soooo quickly. I can't say I miss the young puppy stage, I am enjoying what Gus is now and am really enjoy watching him learn and mature.

We are still training with tracking with hopes to certify for SAR in the summer. His trainer was asked if we were ready and could go to Philippines.......not this time but maybe next.

When he sees his vest he goes into a total frenzy........he knows its time to track and he lives for it. His reward is when he finds his victim, this alone feeds his excitement for the next. No balls, toys etc. just the fun of succeeding oh and a "good boy".

Loves playing with this blanket...

Just before snow fell.

King of the hill.

Nutty puppy

Loves this ball!!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow I love him... he looks so much like a "Gus" too... sweet, smart, and masculine!! So handsome! :wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Such a beautiful boy!

·
Registered
13,884 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
This is Journey....Gus' Aunt on Sires side..

Case who is mother of journey above..

Case and her son Pax...

I hope I have this right lol

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
nice ! you have this almost right .
Journey is Case's daughter as is Sumo .
Sumo is Gus's sire . Pax is Gus's brother .
So Case is the grand dam -- still active -- ".....But not to let her go too crazy climbing and chasing balls etc. That could have caused the problem with her leg in the first place, because she is obsessed with chasing balls (same as Pax), and may have overdone things." she had a little bit of a muscle injury --- 7 1/2 and acting like a 2 year old . not really any signs of age on her ! which is a good thing.
Pax hangs his tongue just like Gus ---

21 - 40 of 194 Posts