German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's just growing too darn fast!

Training video from today. She's getting so quick!

Her new fleece leash!

Fleece tug leash by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

She loves it...nom nom

Fleece tug leash by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

Unfortunately, we still have snow :(

3/23/13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

"Share with me please?"

She's bold

And fast!

12 week stack. Wish I had her front better positioned.

Carma 3/24/13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
She is very smart and very beautiful. Great video! and pictures

·
Registered
120 Posts
I love the "she's bold" photo. Huter is JUST like that. He does not seem to care about grumpy dogs or "warnings." He will walk right up and lick their face. ITs even gotten him in trouble before, still he continues.

Adorable, beautiful german shepherd you have :)

·
Registered
27,251 Posts
Excellent foundation work!! Love her enthusiasm/you are a great handler as well!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
What a beautiful and smart puppy. I love her face and markings. You must be very proud. Please post more pictures.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
I was on your blog, reading your posts and came through the last training session you had with Aiden. Then got a phone call and hit "pause" this is what was on the player. I thought it was beautiful and took a screenshot of it. It's like "The Spirit of Aiden". :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
What is the purpose of the spinning on the touch pads? Did you teach her to just stand on the pad first? Did you use a command when starting or just your hand signs? What treats do you use and when heeling her do you just keep the treat tucked in your hand for her to follow?

You both look awesome together!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow....I just cant put it into words. How long and often are your training sessions. Do you use a clicker, and what treats do you use? Hopefully they are healthy as she sure seems to get a lot and love them. I learned a few things from you video - Thanks Fantastic work.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone!

What is the purpose of the spinning on the touch pads? Did you teach her to just stand on the pad first? Did you use a command when starting or just your hand signs? What treats do you use and when heeling her do you just keep the treat tucked in your hand for her to follow?

You both look awesome together!!
Thanks! I use the spinning on the perch to teach rear end movement/awareness. It will help with my turns and getting into basic position when we start putting more pieces together. I don't really use too many commands right now. For the perch, I lured her in each direction first and now I just point to each side. I use cut up pieces of red barn food roll or natural balance rolls and keep it tucked between my palm and thumb. Lots of biting to get at it, hence the gloves :p

Wow....I just cant put it into words. How long and often are your training sessions. Do you use a clicker, and what treats do you use? Hopefully they are healthy as she sure seems to get a lot and love them. I learned a few things from you video - Thanks Fantastic work.
Thank you! I do use a clicker and think I answered the other questions above. We usually train 3 times a day for 10-15 minutes each. It seems like a long time for a puppy, but she stays engaged and focused with me the whole time. With any puppy, I would stop the session while I still have strong engagement, and not wait until they're bored and tired.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I use the spinning on the perch to teach rear end movement/awareness. It will help with my turns and getting into basic position when we start putting more pieces together. I don't really use too many commands right now. For the perch, I lured her in each direction first and now I just point to each side. I use cut up pieces of red barn food roll or natural balance rolls and keep it tucked between my palm and thumb. Lots of biting to get at it, hence the gloves :p
Thanks for the info. I watched a video that spoke of using the food rolls and I want to try that. Nice to know they're working for you. I have been using commercial treats for at home training, been withholding hot dogs saving them for our group puppy class. I think the commercial treats are just not overly exciting.

Did you start the perch work with her just standing or did you go straight to turns?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts