German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted already about Carly in the memorial forum, but I didn’t say what happened to her. I wanted that post to be about her life, and not her death. I had to take her to the emergency vet yesterday. She was bloating. I called the vet clinic while my car was thawing out from a sleet and snow storm, and there were no vets there yet because of the weather. They told me to take her to the emergency vet. I got her there as fast as I safely could. Yes, I was correct, she had bloated and her stomach twisted. I knew the outcome before the vet came and talked to me. It was bad, and she suggested euthanasia, which I already knew. She didn’t think she’d survive surgery.

So I sat in the floor, with that sweet old girl in my lap, while she drifted away. I’m in shock. I just yelled at her the night before for chasing the cat (which she completely ignored of course). This house is so weird without her. Scarlet is subdued, which really isn’t in Scarlet’s disposition. I miss her. I wasn’t ready for this. She just had her 10th birthday last week, and was seemingly healthy. I’m at a loss. Literally.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I'm so sorry. That's heartbreaking.

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
I'm so very sorry.R.I.P.Carly.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. She was a beautiful girl indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Carly. That had to be so frightening with the weather, I know it was covered here, and trying to get her to the vet quickly. Rest in peace Carly, peace to you.

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
No words to tell you how sorry and sad I am for her and you. You loved her so much. I know how that hurts.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
How utterly scary and awful for you. I'm so glad you were home and with her and she wasn't alone. I am so very sorry.

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
ouch. this certainly caught me off guard and i am so so sorry dogfaeries. heartbreaking. {\o/}

·
Super Moderator
32,138 Posts
I’m so sorry, Diane. 💔 GDV is terrifying, and 10 years is way too young.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Oh, I'm so very sorry. I know you're hurting. Your posts have always conveyed such love of your dogs. I wish you all the best during this sad time.

·
Super Moderator
5,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone. It’s been brutal.

When I took her to the vet clinic, she marched right in, ears up. When they put us in a room for me to say goodbye, she walked to the window and looked outside. It was still snowing. Came back and sat on a blanket on the floor with me, while I cried. She was the very best dog from the beginning of her life to the end. I can only wish everyone has the honor of having a dog like that in their life.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts