German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to this forum stuff but I love my dog ,and want the best,this is not my first rodeo ,but it is Gypsy's so I am a curious person to others thoughts on things so I want to ask every one,whom is interested in responding"what is you all approch on worming in the early parts of PG like I week so far?

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
I don't worm a dog - ANY dog - unless they have worms.

Take a fecal sample to your vet for testing if you are worried.

I have raised 3 litters now 100% naturally. No worming - had fecals tested, always negative. No flea treatments. No vaccinations. Weaned directly to raw.

Had one bout of Parvo when the pups were 9 weeks of age. A visitor brought it in. One of the two pups I still had got slightly sick, the other got very sick. Pulled both of them through with fluids and colloidal silver.

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
I do not worm bitches until pups are 4 weeks old, and then I worm the puppies and I worm the bitch at the same time. I repeat that every two weeks. I use Strongid. After the pups are 12 weeks old, I just have the vet worm them when they go in for second or third shots.

The wormer is pretty safe, and I would rather puppies not have to manage to try to gain weight while feeding worms. Since the bitch cleans up after them, I always worm her too, each time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts