German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet swear by Spaghetti noodles (actually any pasta) as a savior for GSD's less than 2 years old. Also, believes that a good blend of cheese mixed with the noodles are not only healthy but actually reduce my costs. I give him 3 bowls of pasta a day around 8 cups. Once a week I give him meat that mailnly consists of chum tuna, I buy in bulk. He seems to be doing so well. I use to feed him Puppy Chow by Purina but he did not do well on it. He is fit as a fiddle! A great GSD who has alot of energy from the carbs he receives from the Pasta. This diet he been on for 3 months. Sometimes I also give him a can of ol Roys wet food with the pasta. Anyone heard of this new diet growing?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
While I'll admit that my grandparents fed their dog pasta, I doubt that any vet would ever endorse a diet like that for any dog.
Here's a little chocolate to have with your popcorn.
Its just as wholesome.

·
Registered
27,365 Posts
I remember a troll awhile back that fed ramen noodles...

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
Wow.

Zamboni loves pizza though. I never thought about making it a whole diet for her though. And now
she can't eat it anymore.

Nina, my Italian grandmother fed her dogs cooked meat and chicken livers, plus some veggies and yes, a bit of pasta. I'm guessing yours didn't feed their dogs POUNDS of pasta a day, eh?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Originally Posted By: doggiedaddo you think feeding a dog according to trends
is good/healthy? celebrity endorsed doesn't mean anything.

Originally Posted By: AngelesVonLobosIt's the new trend in dog food soon to be celebrity endorsed!
Nope - trending is all about the money - why else are celebrities added? Money isn't bad, if it is put in the food and not dumbed down after getting their claws in you!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I'm a Pastafarian and this thread offend my religious principles!!!

Holy be His Noodly Appendage...

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Originally Posted By: LicanAntaiI'm a Pastafarian and this thread offend my religious principles!!!

Holy be His Noodly Appendage...

I cannot tell a lie. I sometimes give the Hooligans small amounts of spaghetti with meatballs or mac & cheese (and pizza too) and they LOVE IT. In fact, when I get a pizza delivered they ASSUME it's for them!!! Bruiser has been a pizza aficionado since he was about 7 weeks old - he opened a pizze box his breeder had put down for a moment and helped himself to a slice. FWIW - as a treat my canaries loved a strand or two of spaghetti (no sauce) too.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Originally Posted By: Arycrest...
In fact, when I get a pizza delivered they ASSUME it's for them!!! Bruiser has been a pizza aficionado since he was about 7 weeks old - he opened a pizze box his breeder had put down for a moment and helped himself to a slice.
BRUISER & THE PURLOINED PIZZA - 5/29/05 - picture taken by his breeder after he got the lid open and was in the process of stealing a piece.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.