German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does your dog ride in the car? I am talking about every day travel to the Vet, walking trails, parks etc.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
We have a wagon, and have tie downs that clip into the baby seat thingies. Then we have carabiners on webbing that we attach to the handles on their Ruffwear harnesses. We'd like to get car-specific harnesses to be honest but I don't think they're leash friendly which is important to us as we have a beagle (nose on, ears off).

Edit: they ride in the 'trunk'

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a small Subaru hatchback and a Jeep Wrangler. What type of crate do you use, metal or plastic? They make some cool nets for Wranglers but in an accident I don’t think they would do much to keep the dog inside the vehicle. If anyone has a brand name that works well I would appreciate the information on that.

·
Super Moderator
9,218 Posts
Ha, reading this initially I didn’t realize that you meant containment and I was so close to replying “fine”. lol, time for coffee.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like this crate. I don’t have any dealers near me so my only option is to buy online. Do you know what/size you have?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I suggest you measure inside your vehicles to see what size crate they can accommodate. I have an oversized dog and a very small car, I can't fit a crate that is the right size for my dog into my vehicle. He wears a harness which is fastened to the seat belt 'cassette' / plug thingy.

·
Super Moderator
5,365 Posts
we have Gunner Kennels in the bed of our truck. We have harnesses and tethers for in the car but with two dogs, seldom use them (yes, it would definitely be safer if we did) We have a hammock style seat cover in the back and screens on the windows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts