German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To switch Sasha to? She is currently 7mo and is 62lbs. I have been feeding her Innova Large breed puppy dry.

I am considering making a switch to TOTW High Praire or Orijen?

Other then price, some suggestions or personal dealings with either would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i'm alaways switching foods. my dog didn't have a problem with
TOTW or Orijen. at this point i my dog is use to his food
being switched reguarly. i don't have to switch foods gradually.
i switch his can food and kibble often.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think she might still be too young for TOTW...something about the calcium level too high for a puppy...someone more knowledgeble than me can explain it better.
I do however feed my adult dogs TOTW...right now they are on the Pacific stream formula and aside from my boy having stinky gas on it they are doing well on TOTW...Orijen is out of my price range but I read that it is very good food.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Personally, I would leave her on the Innova. But, I'm one of the few on this board that think puppies needs puppy food. So, my 2 cents ... I would keep her on the Innova, especially if she's doing well on it. No need to upset the GI tract for no reason.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have fed TOTW to Ava and she did very well on it. But, I too agree with the above post that TOTW and Orijen isn't suitable for a pup her age.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Stay on Innova. Orijen LBP is a fantastic kibble but it will cost you more. Why do you feel the need to switch.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Yes the calcium is too high in Taste of the Wild for a large breed puppy. If your dog is doing OK, I'd keep it on the food. We just switched to Solid Gold Wolf Cub only because we believe our pup may have a chicken allergy.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
To switch Sasha to? She is currently 7mo and is 62lbs. I have been feeding her Innova Large breed puppy dry.

I am considering making a switch to TOTW High Praire or Orijen?

Other then price, some suggestions or personal dealings with either would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Feed both.. I do.. I feed 2 cups of TOTW-Wetlands in the AM then 3 cups Orijen Large Breed Puppy in the PM. I started this when Tony was about 7 months but I have always feed the Orijen L.B.P. He is now going onto the adult Orijen and has been doing great on this. When he doesn't get the necessary activity we make the adjustment in his food amount in his PM feeding. Hopefully you can see how shiny his coat is in this picture and he is soooo soft...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
if you want to switch, id say orijen is the way to go for now (if you really want to try a grainless food). otherwise id just stick with the innova till she's 5 or 6 months older.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts