German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone I knew just "had" to see a pic of Cody in his life vest. haha at these pics we are stopped at a BIG sand bar. Cody was in heaven chasing wildlife in 6 inches of water lol

thanks for looking :)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alpha mom, it took him a bit to get used to being in a canoe, but he loved it thats for sure

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Stosh

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Awesome! The first time Panzer saw a small lake he barked at the waves. :D

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Great pics! Looks like fun!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome pics, looks like a lot of fun!!! Did he ever tip the boat lol
thanks Gosearchk9,

he didnt :) . there were a couple times he almost jumped out after a frog or fish, but luckily a firm "Cody NO, sit" kept him from making the leap. he sure did make it more unstable though with all his weight shifing

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
AWESOME! I am trying to get up the nerve to take Jake but he's so damned big!
Is that his own backpack to carry food and water or a life vest?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks Casey, I liked the camo look for him lol

hi renee, my trouble was finding a willing canoe partner to go with for Cody's 1st trip. My buddy Sean volunteered. he is about 270 too, so he helped keep us stable lol.

it is a life vest for him. he is really a swimming MACHINE, but with the current in the river and all, if we flipped i'd have to worry about him, the canoe, and my stuff, so i just felt better making him wear it

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yes, I am about 110 # so he would tip me over in a second....LOL Having a human anchor was a smart move...:)

Jake loves to swim also but the vest is smart....least like you said you won't have to worry about him IF you tip.

Where did you get it? How much? I am also looking for a back pack for Jake....but since our pups are still growing and gong to fill out I have trepidation to buy a really one! Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
haha, yes Renee you should recruit a 200 pound friend for that. i weigh 190, and with my buddy around 270 we have 460 pounds of "stable" weight vs. Cody's 80 pounds of puppy energy/curisousity.

I thought the vest was the smart thing to do. especially i couldnt touch bottom where we flipped.

I forgot where I got it. Online i know, and had it shipped to me without him trying it on. I got a Large, and it is very adjustable so there is some growing room for him. It only cost $25. I can get the brand off of it when I get home and let you know. It also has a handle on the back to help grap him, and a loop to hook the leash to if you want.

If you do take him canoeing let me know, and I can give ya some plenty more tips ;)

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like a fun time!
thanks Jager, my wilderness is still weak compared to what you've got! haha. i've always been tempted to move to CO...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Josh, yes PM when ever you have time with the brand.....and if you have a backpack for him the name on that one....Thanks ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts