German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Friend and I bought two sisters and his pup is much bigger than mine. I think this is because she never liked the food the breeder was feeding her. She is a good 2-3 inches shorter and very skinny. From just looking at her she seems to just be really lean, but to the touch you can feel every bone in her body, especially her back hips.

I decided to get some canned food to top off her food and also switched the dry food. Im using Blue Large breed puppy dry food, and bought the Turducken dinner canned food. Is that ok?... She loves it and now has been eating fine the last few days.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
My Friend and I bought two sisters and his pup is much bigger than mine. I think this is because she never liked the food the breeder was feeding her. She is a good 2-3 inches shorter and very skinny. From just looking at her she seems to just be really lean, but to the touch you can feel every bone in her body, especially her back hips.

I decided to get some canned food to top off her food and also switched the dry food. Im using Blue Large breed puppy dry food, and bought the Turducken dinner canned food. Is that ok?... She loves it and now has been eating fine the last few days.
Its fine! We were feeding Molly a mix of kibble and canned when she was a puppy. The only problem is once you start mixing it will be hard to just feed kibbles later. It got to a point were Molly would not eat just kibbles and it got expensive mixing all the time

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
As long as it's a good balanced food that our dogs like, keep up with it. But if she doesn't gain weight, you may need to go to the vet to make sure everything is going fine.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the size difference, genetics can make a big difference within the same litter in size. Check with the breeder though, even for the weights/slender issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As long as it's a good balanced food that our dogs like, keep up with it. But if she doesn't gain weight, you may need to go to the vet to make sure everything is going fine.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about the size difference, genetics can make a big difference within the same litter in size. Check with the breeder though, even for the weights/slender issue.
I agree... Since I did a drastic switch she has runny poop, how long does that typically last?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts