German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued a female Shepherd, who's now 8.5 years old. She was fed Eukanuba, and I'm wanting to switch her food, for a few different reasons. She's always had some seasonal allergies, but this year it's been a bit worse than normal. I feel that by feeding her a higher quality food, it might alleviate her discomfort. She's otherwise very healthy and doesn't act or look like the grand old lady that she is!
Anyone out there who has experience that would like to share their tales; pros or cons?
The reason I mentioned both these foods specifically is that I've talked to several owners of large breeds who have recommended each brand. They mentioned each because of their effects on their dogs who suffered from allergies as mine does. My girl is tolerant of all food, (including disgusting things she finds in the woods) and I have not doubt that she'll make the switch just fine. I plan to gradually switch over a two week period.
I know that there's tons of foods out their, both commercial and raw, but I'd really appreciate some information on the two mentioned to me.
Thanks in advance for the help, I know I can count on the informed Shepherd people who use this forum!

·
Banned
2,306 Posts
I think you mean Wolf King? Assuming you're talking about Solid Golds food. Wolf Cub is the puppy formula. It wouldn't hurt her but yeah. xD I really like Wolf King (Or any Solid Gold products), I've fed it to my larger dogs off and on for several years. I fed Just a Wee Bit (Wolf King in small bites) to my small dogs. :) They don't have the recall/problem history that Canidae does either.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
my vote if for Solid Gold products. I have used them in the past and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I have used both the Wolf Cub and King and think they are great.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I also vote Solid Gold, I used their puppy formula for my boy and plan on using the puppy formula for my girl next year when I get her. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts