German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Canidae website, 35lb bags of ALS are suposed to be on special all of the month of August. So my thinking is: If your retailer charges you the "normal" price, you are being SCR3WED!!!!

Canidae ALS page.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Thanks Tracy! I'm just about out, so I'll need to make a trip (or two) during August. Any savings helps - that darn stuff is so expensive, especially now with the smaller bags.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I was at our feed store the other day and they had the ALS marked down from $33.99 to $26.99!! If I had the extra $$ I would have bought another bag (even though I just bought a bag a couple weeks ago).

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Good to know! I have to buy food today or tomorrow and will stock up! Here last month I was bragging about how Morgan only eats an 8lb sack a month. Then Otto moves in and he is HUNGRY, eats twice as much as she does and still has room for snacks. Yet the vet says the little piggie is a good weight!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got SCR3WED!

I bought my first bag of the new Canidae ALS yesterday. I was buying two of the older recipe at a time, but just bought one of the new to see how the dogs do on it. Not only was it only 35 pounds from 40, but the price was $38.99!! The price has been creeping up since January when the 40 pound bag sold for $30.99.

I am not happy...

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Remember store owners might have bought the new forumla in July and not at a reduced price!!!

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally Posted By: Barb E.Remember store owners might have bought the new forumla in July and not at a reduced price!!!
That shouldn't matter though. Because what they buy this month should be "cheaper" for them to buy, even though they will be selling it in September or later for the "regular" price. So it isn't like they are going to get "scr3wed" in the long run.

It's one thing if it is a matter of a "so many dollars off" sticker on the bag like they had a few months ago. But if it is a "price break" coming frm the "maker", that is different.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I'll be going to National Pet where if there's a deal to be had, they'll have it.... our regular store is a small independent dealer - my neighbor and good people who's been building the store for 4 or so years. Told me those deals are usually when stores buy a pallet but they don't have a place to keep it. Feh 21.99 for a 15lb sack.

·
Registered
14,509 Posts

Only if the sales are the same, and from some of the posts I've been seeing sounds like some folks are moving away from Canidae.

I guess I just wouldn't assume I was getting the shaft from the store owner, but might ask if I'd seen it on the website

1 - 9 of 9 Posts