German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Wow. Thanks - great article and it's not just on the drawing board - it's working! I had no idea they've also had such a major breakthrough with melanoma too.

If they can cure people with cancer by specializing the immune system to attack the cancer cells in people, I bet they can do it for all animals too. Wouldn't you think there must have been trials on animals before humans? I wonder what the success rate was there?

So disgusting that the doctors are reluctant to participate in clinical trials and that's holding this up (because it costs them time and money). Greedy you-know-whats.....

·
Registered
30,381 Posts
There have been some great strides in cancer research and treatment. But in order for the statement of wiping out cancer to be true, each type of cancer has to be studied and have the key component to kill it found.

For instance, DIPG has very little research done on it. It's 100% terminal within 12-18 months of diagnosis. No treatment. You can learn more about this specific cancer and research here
Fight DIPG | Help us find a cure for the deadliest childhood brain cancer

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Sounds as though there are a lot of applications to various types of cancer. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts