German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sooooo need to go back to work soon!!!

Jax starts staring me down from across the room. I know she wants something but I'm playing on the computer. So then, as DH is trying to watch the weather, she starts woofing at me.

Aww....it's 10 pm...time to go potty and then go to bed! Well...I'm not ready to go to bed so I figure she can wait and I'll just ignore her. Nope...that's not flying...Woof...Woof...Woof...Woof...DH saying Stop It Jax!

So he lets her out. She runs in and stands in front of the bedroom door, then looks at me, then puts her nose back in the door...finally she laid down elsewhere...

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
When the sun goes down Sarge starts bugging the wife to make dinner. He bumps her arm with his nose, moans and growns until she gets up and goes into the kitchen. Then he lays down and watches her make dinner.

When she works sarge and I go to Mc Donalds for dinner. When shes not home and its about dinner time he acts like he has to potty. So I take him out and he goes and sits by the door of the jeep.

Yes, they can tell time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Originally Posted By: Jax08
Aww....it's 10 pm...time to go potty and then go to bed! Well...I'm not ready to go to bed so I figure she can wait and I'll just ignore her. Nope...that's not flying...Woof...Woof...Woof...Woof...DH saying Stop It Jax!

So he lets her out. She runs in and stands in front of the bedroom door, then looks at me, then puts her nose back in the door...finally she laid down elsewhere...
All of my pack seems to know when it is 10:30 which is final potty time outside. Sassy sits and woofs, woofs, WOOF and talks to me-the doxie stares at me and wags his tail while she is WOOFING.

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm surprised the cat isn't having a fit. we have to lock him up because the doberman we're fostering will eat him. Well after 6 months he's had enough so he wails, jumps on the door and I swear is hanging from the doorknob! so we crate Baron at nite and let him out. Usually he's having a fit by now!

·
Registered
889 Posts
All of them seen to know breakfast and dinner time. On the odd day that I can sleep in, I get the wet nose on the side of the face, nudging me to get up and feed them.
At dinner time it is usually non-stop whining until they get thier food.

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
The whole Gang knows when it's 6:00 pm. That's DINNER TIME!!!

At 6:05 I start getting stares. At 6:15 I get pacing dogs - to the kitchen and back. At 6:30 they break out the calculator and try to figure out how to portion me out between them all.

·
Registered
30,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally Posted By: Lauri & The GangThe whole Gang knows when it's 6:00 pm. That's DINNER TIME!!!

At 6:05 I start getting stares. At 6:15 I get pacing dogs - to the kitchen and back. At 6:30 they break out the calculator and try to figure out how to portion me out between them all.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dog parents in general are a different breed. They know that when the pup is pacing and barking at them that the correct response isn't "Shut Up, Mutt." They try and understand what is requested (and I use that word guardedly.)

Lila does this quite regularly but never about food. More like "Potty Time!" or "Wake Up Time." or "Play Time".

Yes... They communicate based on their routine... a routine that we set up or allow to come into existence.

Gotta love 'em.

:)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
One day awhile back Riley decided it was time for hubby to get up (I was working). Hubby rolled over and looked at the clock and told Riley "go away come back in an hour." Riley went away and came back later and again attempted to get hubby out of bed. Hubby rolled over and looked at the clock, it was *exactly* one hour later.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Originally Posted By: Riley's MomOne day awhile back Riley decided it was time for hubby to get up (I was working). Hubby rolled over and looked at the clock and told Riley "go away come back in an hour." Riley went away and came back later and again attempted to get hubby out of bed. Hubby rolled over and looked at the clock, it was *exactly* one hour later.

That should answer the question!! They can certainly tell time.

In our house we joke about Nacho's cat clock. That little orange cat knows exactly what time dinner is. She comes out loooking and everyone else is right behind her.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think Josie is an internal Clock. She some how knows right around 11 am it's fun time outside. She knows breakfast is at 7 A.m. and dinner is around 4-7 P.M. I don't feed right on schedule so she doesn't expect it. It depends how much exercise she has before dinner. I like to wait it out but boy does she know when dinner is coming :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts