German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2months ago i purchased a puppy from craigslist they had told me he was a full bred GSD, he was about 9weeks old when i picked him up no papers or any proof that tyson is a full bred. but he had looked just like one. now he is seemingly to look more like a GSD/Chow mix.

Tyson 1.jpg

Tyson 2.jpg

Tyson 3.jpg

Tyson 4.jpg

Sorry for the poor pix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not really sure lol. from pics ive seen online of gsd/chow he seems to look alot like them, when i was little my parents had a gsd/chow and tyson is starting to look alot like he did. i have also had others tell me he looks to be mixed with chow. his tongue also has purple dots on it and i have been told that is a chow thing. thats why im here asking if anyone has an idea. either way he is a wonderful dog.

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
In some pics he looks pure GSD, and in other he looks like he could be mixed with something - sometimes it is really hard to tell with puppies. Might get a better idea when he gets older.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
im not really sure lol. from pics ive seen online of gsd/chow he seems to look alot like them, when i was little my parents had a gsd/chow and tyson is starting to look alot like he did. i have also had others tell me he looks to be mixed with chow. his tongue also has purple dots on it and i have been told that is a chow thing. thats why im here asking if anyone has an idea. either way he is a wonderful dog.
My male has a black spot on his tongue

·
Registered
892 Posts
He doesn't look pure gsd but hard to say whats in him..looks like he will have quite the coat on him though..Hard to say whats in him for sure. Though he's a cutie!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't have much experience at all...but this pup doesn't look pure GSD to me.

Even my smallish GSD (65lb)'s paws were huge at that age.

Does it matter though? This pup is super cute.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
My girl is purebred and has purple spots :) Many gsds have them!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Clearly he has GSD in him for sure! It's hard to say, but he looks mix to me. I almost see maybe Akita in him? There is something about him that looks a lot like my friends GSD/Akita mix when he was a wee pup!
But he very well could be pure, either way looks like you got a bundle of joy there!

Picture are of my firends GSD/Akita mix pup. :)

When he is older you will defiantly be able to tell. Because her pups GSD and Akita physical traits defiantly are vividly shown now!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts