German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I got this cute puppy and I was wondering if he looks pure or not. He is 51 days old! Also, is his tail suppose to be like that? And are his ears okay? He has some brown due on his face I know that will change.. So what do y'all think? ImageUploadedByPG Free1369240453.033678.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1369240469.999773.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1369240482.670970.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1369240508.066899.jpg

·
Registered
721 Posts
Possibly. He's kind of young, but at the moment he looks like a GSD.

What happened to the Doberman you were getting?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
hes a cutie... too early to tell yet but looks pure from the photos, i guessing you went to a BYB for him and you didnt get papers? thats the only true way to guarantee purity but once he gets older post more pictures and will be able to say if he looks pure or mixed, its just too hard at this young of an age because they change so much.

Very cute non the less enjoy him :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
VERY cute! It is possible that he is a purebred, but it is really hard to tell at that age. GSDs usually carry their tails low as adults. I am not sure what the norm is for puppies, but I remember mine carried his tail low as a pup as well. But that doesn't necesssairly mean he's mixed. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Possibly. He's kind of young, but at the moment he looks like a GSD.

What happened to the Doberman you were getting?
Well I thought for a bit..and realized its best to get from a reputable breeder, my family also has misconceptions about dobes..

You see my uncle had one during the civil war in Lebanon, around 37 years ago, when there temperament was different I'm guessing? Well anyways he was vicious, and I know it's silly but I just couldn't change their minds.. I still love dobes though!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shouldn't his butt be a bit lower though?and yeah the tail is scaring me a bit!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Look up other threads regarding "gay tail". It's very likely that's the case here. Some pups/adults just carry their tails high.

Pup looks pure to me and also appears that your pup will have a long coat with all that fluff.

as for the lower rear end, you will usually only see that when the dog is in the show stance, called a stack, or poor breeding.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm no puppy expert, but he is awfully cute, and that look in his eyes in the fourth photo is pure GSD! As for the rest of him, time will tell :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
If you are on here asking if this puppy is purebred, then I doubt that this breeder is reputable, either.

Anyway, my Leontine has a gay tail. It is very curled, and she carries it too high, especially when she is excited.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are on here asking if this puppy is purebred, then I doubt that this breeder is reputable, either.

Anyway, my Leontine has a gay tail. It is very curled, and she carries it too high, especially when she is excited.
Hehe team gay tail! Well does it bother you..?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
He's very cute, but a bit too young to tell whether or not he looks like a purebred GSD.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hehe team gay tail! Well does it bother you..?
Only when I lean over, and she gets me in the face with it. She is a rescue, and the tail is the least of her conformational faults. Her whole front assembly is wonky (straight shoulder, short forearm, narrow chest, tied in elbows...), and is much more likely to cause her problems down the line.

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Is this a pup from the pair that you have posted earlier? As mentioned, the parents look purebred. But without papers, you can never be 100% sure.

·
Registered
652 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts