German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I don't know anything about any of the particular dogs in the pedigree, but it looks like the dam's of west german show lines and the sire's from american show lines.

Other than that, i'm not much help.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Definitely not from working lines. All west german show lines on both sides.

Maybe someone else can give some input on individual dogs or kennels if that's what you're looking for. I won't be able to help there.

Who's the breeder you got him from? You could probably get some good info from them if you're really interested.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks...I will contact the breeder and find out. I was more curious than anything. Uschi is just a family member. I don't plan on showing her and definitely not breeding her so it was more curiousity on my part. I appreciate you looking and responding, Lucy Dog. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi there,
Your dogs are both German Show Line types.
As for the Dam, she is originally from well known kennel in Serbia called Topolovnicka. Name of the village where this kenel is located in Serbia is Topolovnik. It lays downstream of capital city Belgrade on the river Danube bordering to Romania.

Generally "Topolovnicka" dogs have entered Serbian Sieger (under German SV judges) shows many times, and have scored with good results.... almost always within top 5 kennels in Serbia. I would not be hesitant to get GSD from their breeding. (Please note that I'm not affiliated with this kennel in any ways nor did I ever had a chance to meet the owners of this kennel)

Not much I can say / comment about the sire except to notice obvious thing that he has some "Farbenspiel" line in him. His kennel appears to be in Berlin - Germany Deutsche Schäferhunde - vom Ochsentor - German Sheperd Dogs They seem to date back to 1975 when they started GSD breeding.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.