German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl Xena hasn't presented with any health issues before. She's had loose stools twice before when I fed her a raw egg and once when I gave her too much wet food mixed with her dry food.

Since Thursday evening my mom has been in the hospital so Friday night and Saturday night I have stayed with her. Xena stayed at the vet 2 night when she was spayed but I'm always home at night. So yesterday and then this morning Xena's stool have been very loose. She is eating the same food; but I have been giving her fresh blueberries out of my yard. Only 1 or 2 before I pick them so that shouldn't bother her.

Is it possible that since she knows my Mom (Granny) isn't home and I haven't been home at night that it's stresses her out?

·
Registered
10,468 Posts
Did she appear to be stressed? If it doesn't continue she is probably fine. It's the same as in humans when stressed. Mine always have loose trail-poop after being out and about for a while but I never worried about it. Not at home when everything is "normal" according to the GSD-mind.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Granny came home yesterday and Xena's poop is back to normal. Xena was so happy to see her; that tail was going 50 miles an hour with her ears laid back; happy as a lark. I guess it was the change she didn't like it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts