1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive the mess. Sunday cleaning.
Furniture Wood Textile Chair Comfort

Dog Comfort Dog breed Carnivore Felidae

I noted a few weeks back that one side of her rib cage looked distended. I notice it when we are walking and will try to get a pic when I take her out next. I don't normally carry my phone on walks.
I just glanced over at her sleeping and it doesn't look normal. But I do worry.
Is anyone else seeing a problem?

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know. If she looks fine standing and is happy and eating/energy, I wouldn't worry about it.
It is visible standing as well. Energy is ok, she is aging. She seems happy. Eats well. Bile pukes are common about once or twice a week. But I noted an brownish color and foul odor when she puked this morning.

·
Registered
Ilita Von Cluskey, DOB 11/7/21
951 Posts
I agree with those who are asking questions about consistency determined by palpation and visibility difference from side-to-side. Is it tender to touch? This lump, yes very visible, is in a place that is normally concave (sunken) when a dog is laying down in my more limited experience than others.
I would have it checked out.

·
Administrator
10,628 Posts
no, not normal and i’d be concerned.
keystone has a very barrel-y chest and protrudes in odd ways from time to time but never that far back on his body. the one time he did, it was when his liver was enlarged, so hearing about the brown smelly bile worries me.

Reactions: Sabis mom
1 - 20 of 100 Posts