German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
To the OP....I have a similar problem......but the flip side of the coin.

Whenever I take my wolf to the wolf park......or other public places.......people ask me if my wolf is part GSD........oh well.

SuperG
WOLF-ENCOUNTER-5.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
To the OP....I have a similar problem......but the flip side of the coin.

Whenever I take my wolf to the wolf park......or other public places.......people ask me if my wolf is part GSD........oh well.

SuperG View attachment 559469

Shouldn't you be on a forum of "howtokeepwildanimalsaspets.com"?

Sometimes I've gotten into heated but friendly arguments with people about whether or not I have a GSD or some wolf-dog. Your beautiful wolf-dog only adds to the confusion over my dog's lineage.

Anyway beautiful picture.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Shouldn't you be on a forum of "howtokeepwildanimalsaspets.com"?

Sometimes I've gotten into heated but friendly arguments with people about whether or not I have a GSD or some wolf-dog. Your beautiful wolf-dog only adds to the confusion over my dog's lineage.

Anyway beautiful picture.
Okay.......I was just being a smart alec......but that picture of the wolf is a beauty. I assume it's 100% wolf........more pics at Book A Wolf Encounter - Wildlife Education - Wolf Encounters - Predators of the Heart

SuperG

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I hadn't thought of it before, but the beauty and majesty of wolves is amazing. I can see why some breeders try to add some genetic material to German Shepherd Dog like crazed Alchemists in search of gold.

Too bad it never seems to work well for anyone... especially the dogs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My almost 6 month old GSP pup (already close to 70 pounds and still skinny) has the light gold coloring and light gold eyes. My almost 6 year old red/tan GSD has the more traditional darker eyes. Both normal. The pic is 3 months

If you want the perfect wolf/dog, just get a German Shepherd :sneaky:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol
Since I always get the "What kind of dog is that???" I'm convinced mine is part to some degree...wolf. Someone else commented to me today about my dog looking like a wolf. Would appreciate if anyone else has a amber-eyed GSD they could post.

She's also really really big. She has grown a bit since I last posted a picture.

Thanks

WOLF...................................................................................................MY DOG

WOLF COAT

MY GSD COAT

Lol, she is not part wolf. Her coat and eye color are actually very common.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I get questions or compliments about Jupiter almost every time I go out, which is every day. This is pretty much what happens if you don't have a standard saddle-back type coloration. No wolf here--plain ol' GSD (part working line, part West German show line).

At our old dog park the "German Shepherd Lady" as I thought of her would bring her half-wolf along with her pack of 3 GSDs (she had 4 but would rotate the GSDs because 5 was too much work). The wolf-dog was beautiful, giant and plump and fluffy and white. One of the calmest animals you'd ever see. It didn't mess with any of the dogs and would lean against me while I talked to her owner and let me pet it as much as I liked. I don't think it got very much of the wolf behavior.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since I always get the "What kind of dog is that???" I'm convinced mine is part to some degree...wolf. Someone else commented to me today about my dog looking like a wolf. Would appreciate if anyone else has a amber-eyed GSD they could post.

She's also really really big. She has grown a bit since I last posted a picture.

Thanks

WOLF...................................................................................................MY DOG

WOLF COAT

MY GSD COAT

I also receive many comments on her wolf-like appearance followed by confusion as to which breed she actually is 🤣
- add 3-6 compliments, rinse-repeat, and that is my daily walk with her 😎

My girlfriend also comments on how she is a 'wolf-dog' and asks herself what she had gotten herself into (cat person)!

I once pressed the Google Lens on a photo of us and you won't be surprised at the results! 😀

You have a beautiful pup! Get accustomed to the commentary :)

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I also receive many comments on her wolf-like appearance followed by confusion as to which breed she actually is 🤣
- add 3-6 compliments, rinse-repeat, and that is my daily walk with her 😎

My girlfriend also comments on how she is a 'wolf-dog' and asks herself what she had gotten herself into (cat person)!

I once pressed the Google Lens on a photo of us and you won't be surprised at the results! 😀

You have a beautiful pup! Get accustomed to the commentary :)

I don't get a lot of compliments about her to be honest. Mostly inquiries about what type of dog she is? or how does one adopt a wolf? type of questions.

I wish her ears came up like your dog but oh well.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts