German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were sleeping for about 2 hours and were awakened by a loud yelp, Zeus jumping in his crate and sounded like someone was cutting him! we jumped up terrified, turned on the lights and he had his ears to the sides, looked super scared.... We let him out, gave him hugs, took him to potty, and he went into the crate back to sleep.

Anyone ever had this night fright before? I did when I had a bird........ Not a pup.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were in shock, I was shaking, honestly! he used to talk in his sleep at 8-9 weeks, but that stopped. It was really full on I am in pain yelp! but we touched his belly, paws, tail everything seamed ok. He ate in am, played, potty... all is normal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My husky has bad dreams all the time. She cries. Sometimes when they are really bad, she crawls up to me whimpering and wanting to be snuggled. Once she cried for a couple minutes while I held her.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husky has bad dreams all the time. She cries. Sometimes when they are really bad, she crawls up to me whimpering and wanting to be snuggled. Once she cried for a couple minutes while I held her.

So you think maybe this is normal, something really spooked him? He did have many new adventures this weekend and was introduced to the pool. Poor little guy, scared us half to death.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't know my pup has a bad dream or not but he likes to fart in his sleep.. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Do you think maybe he got his paw caught or something but was able to get it loose before you got there? Sometimes being trapped can make them panic.

My old dog dreams a lot and it's very cute .. he barks (close mouthed) in his sleep. I figure he's telling off the cat which is something he never does when he's awake 'sigh'.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My husband thinks the same that he stretched and had his foot go between the bars. His foot is already sensitive due to a small injury.

My poor little guy, I just wanted to cuddle him, but he's a shark. He just grabs my hand while wining to me....

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think so. Some seem to have them worse than others. Have you ever seen that video of the dog dreaming that jumps up and runs into the wall? Its on youtube somewhere. I just comfort her and she usually goes right back to sleep.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOl i have seen this video!!!!!!! poor dog!!!

My husband used to play it over and over and now we have one of these....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts