FROMM FOUR STAR under $50.00 several blends

4HEALTH 35 LBS $35.00

CHICKEN SOUP 35 LBS $40.00

There is always Kirkland 40 lbs $30.00

6 month old Silver Lab.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I vote for the 4Health. I've yet to have a problem getting my dogs to eat it, its within my price range, and there are a couple different flavors. they also do a large breed formula.

I dont have a costco near me but i've heard good things about their brand as well.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I vote for the 4Health. I've yet to have a problem getting my dogs to eat it, its within my price range, and there are a couple different flavors. they also do a large breed formula.

I dont have a costco near me but i've heard good things about their brand as well.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
also TSC has been doing a sale on 4health that if i remember correctly goes until i believe mid february. Its $5 off 30lb bags so thats a pretty good deal. I've heard good things about Chicken Soup food but i've not tried it myself. 4health was the first food i came across that all 3 liked and would actually eat.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Do you have a Costco card? If so, their Kirkland brand and Natures Domain are both pretty good dog food. Taste of the Wild is under 50 bucks and is a excellent dog food. My yote for under 50 bucks is TOTW-Wetlands....

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
With a 6 month old Labrador, you'll want to stay away from "puppy food" and most grain-free formulas, something under about 1.5% calcium and 1.2% phosphorus. So Nature's Domain and Taste of the Wild are both out, although they're good foods for an adult dog.

Other than that, Fromm, Kirkland, and 4Health all have good choices.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Had Kane on chicken soup, he did good, but not great. Switched him to 4health. Doing wonderful. Even convinced my parents to put their pugs on it. And the little rolly-pollys actually have more energy and run around more.:D

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Looking for best dog food under $50.00

FROMM FOUR STAR under $50.00 several blends

4HEALTH 35 LBS $35.00

CHICKEN SOUP 35 LBS $40.00

There is always Kirkland 40 lbs $30.00

6 month old Silver Lab.
Fromm Gold (no need to spend extra for 4 stars)
Red Paw 26 (made by Fromm)
Annamaet Extra
Pro Pac Chunk (best value)
Dr Tim's Kinesis
Canine Caviar Chicken & Millet
Eagle Pack Original Pork & Chicken (best value)

Forget all the Diamond products. They are masters at making crap look good.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Whole Earth Farms by Merrick is a decent food, 35lbs for under 40$. Its available at Petco if you live near one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow that's cheap dog food , I'm living in Ireland and I'm buying royal canin food.

If I was to convert it to dollars it would be around 120 dollars per bag!!

One bag feeds 30 meals

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow that's cheap dog food , I'm living in Ireland and I'm buying royal canin food.

If I was to convert it to dollars it would be around 120 dollars per bag!!

One bag feeds 30 meals
Well that's rude. Not everyone has the money for that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts