German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may be aware, over the weekend I rescued a dying white GSD (Snow Princess) from a shelter in NC (thread here: http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=659176&page=1#Post659176 ).

I took Snow Princess straight to NC State where the ER vets, techs and students were amazing, but could not save her. The main vet looking after Snow Princess was Dr Jennifer Gonzales, who stayed long after her shift was over to feed and give her attention. Despite only knowing Snow Princess for a few hours everyone who met her became very attached to her.

While I don't personally know any of you on this list, I see from your postings your love of the GSD and was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to do me a huge favour? Since Snow Princess passed away I have spoken to Dr Gonzales a couple of times. She went way above and beyond in her attempts to save Snow Princess, but is upset that she couldn't save her. Would any of you perhaps be willing to send her a thank you note? If you would the address at the vet school is:

NC State College of Veterinary Medicine
4700 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh
NC 27606

Kind regards
Joanne

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Joanne, I'd love to send her a kind letter thanking her for her for her time spent helping Snow Princess. Sounds like a very special vet you have there. I'm so sorry that she didnt make it, but she was given lots of love and attention before she passed, she knew she was loved, even if it was only for a short time. Thank you for rescuing her.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Joanne - thank you for looking out for Snow Princess.

Wondering if you did adopt that black lab you posted? I haven't stopped thinking about him since I saw his picture.

Thanks
dd

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am getting mine ready now. I have been out of town for nine days, so don't know about this particular dog, but I will definitely send a note of thanks for her kindness and for going beyond what was expected. Thanks for your willingness to help Snow Princess.

·
Registered
601 Posts
sure, I would love to

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
That is an awesome idea Joanne!!!! Rescuers couldn't do it without the help of vets like this.....you are so lucky to work with her!!

I sent your plea to everyone that was keep updated about this rescue so they would also send a thank you note!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Oh Absolutely! would love to send her a thank you note. will tell all my rescue friends to do the same.

Thank you too Joanne.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Thank you, Joanne, for teaching us humility and reminding us of the heroes who work so hard to save those precious little Diamonds in the Ruff.

Will do so in honour of all the rescues who found solace and hope again with these people.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Wonderful about the lab - I hope she is fat and happy soon. Thanks so much.

I will be dropping a note to Dr Gonzales.

dd

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new to this forum, shepherds, and I'm way up in canada but I am going to write a letter to your vet tommorow. This world is better off with people like you and your vet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts