German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm curious can dogs smile on purpose with teeth showing similar to humans? My wife took this photo yesterday of zima and said say chesse and zima smiled. It looks weird with her doing it but it seems like she knew what she was doing for the camera.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
No doubt, my dog grins every time I rub her belly. She really likes rolling up on her back and getting her entire belly rubbed gently. When I get it just right she closes her eyes and has a very content grin on her face till I stop. Then she looks at me like "Why are you stopping, Dad?" So yes dogs grin and I am sure I heard my dobermutt laugh when I hit the electric fence out in the back of the yard. She was sitting there while the wife and I were talking and I flipped a cigarette and my fingers went across the wire and I got a good jolt. The dog stood up and turned her back to us and I swear I heard the dog giggle. My wife heard it too and made sure she pointed it out. Dogs are way smarter than most folks give them credit for and they are fully capable of independent reasoning on a level that emulates that of a human child about 3 or 4 years old.

Wheelchair Bob

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
That photo of Zima is adorable!! And so is the Golden!

Dogs smile with their facial expressions and with the wag of their tails too!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My old pit smiled back when people smiled at her. It was unmistakeable and deliberate. I miss her still. She loved all people. Havoc is aloof and Tempest is shy. It makes me miss Fel's enthusiasm towards all kinds of folk.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My SIL had a dog that would smile whenever he met a new person. It was so funny to see. Butt wagging and all his teeth showing. He was such a sweetie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts