German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
he definitely looks brindle, like a dutchie..he's gorgeous !

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Even his tongue, lol!

Cool looking dog, very handsome!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Wow he is absolutely beautiful! Love the tongue! lol Looks like a brindle, might be a Dutch Shepherd!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks guys :) i thought so as well, and yes even his tongue is all different colors. How would i find out if he is a dutch shepherd?? I was afraid of him being not fully bred so i got a dna test on him and the only breed in his genetic makeup is german shepherd. And you cant tell here but he has the distinct black saddleback.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
maybe he is a mix of german shepherd and dutch shepherd..Maybe 'dutch' is to close to german to show up in a dna..???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Idk, it says that that is a recognized breed in the database they use. and another thing i wanted to ask about is i have heard there are no purebred German shepherds that are brindle anymore, i wanted to know how true that is cuz I've got one :) they say its more of a genetic mutation

·
Registered
710 Posts
Looks like a GSD to me. Just because a dog is brindle doesn't make it a Dutch Shepherd.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
He is beautiful! (both pups are)

I had read on here a while back that brindle was no longer in german shepherds, but I'm wondering if that is changing? I've been reading that more and more are cropping up and they are actual german shepherds. Kinda like the mutation in panda shepherds?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
very cool coloring!

·
Registered
32,386 Posts
That is definitely a brindle pattern. Do you have a pedigree? Where did you get him? As far as I know, brindle can't make a come back. It was a dominant gene that was bred out of the breed.

·
Registered
32,386 Posts
Looks like a GSD to me. Just because a dog is brindle doesn't make it a Dutch Shepherd.
Correct. But it sure indicates a strong possibility that it's not a purebred GSD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont have a pedigree, all i have is a dna test that is 99 percent accurate that says he only has german shepherd in him his dad is registered but not his mom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is definitely a brindle pattern. Do you have a pedigree? Where did you get him? As far as I know, brindle can't make a come back. It was a dominant gene that was bred out of the breed.
they say it is possible, they label it a genetic mutation and it can be full bred

·
Registered
32,386 Posts
Can you provide documentation or a link to that information? That's the first I've heard of that.

Do you have his pedigree?

Regardless...he's gorgeous!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
i dont have a pedigree, all i have is a dna test that is 99 percent accurate that says he only has german shepherd in him his dad is registered but not his mom
Those DNA tests are nowhere near 99% accurate, just a head's up.

I'm not saying he is or isn't, I'm just saying that they're notoriously inaccurate.

Personally, I see all GSD aside from the mystifying pattering... but man oh MAN, what a STUNNING dog :eek: I LOVE that his tongue matches :wub:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for the heads up :) but they said that if he has anything it would show up and all across the board its just gsd.... and thanks about my boy, the tongue started out as one tiny spot :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts