German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a silly question. Can a dog's leg fall asleep after laying on it for awhile?.

·
Registered
885 Posts
OMG i cant believe this, we were just talking about this last night, dresden got up from laying down and wouldnt put his front right paw on the ground, i got him to lay down, rubbed his foot and he was fine....having dogs my whole life and ive never dealt wit thish before

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason i ask is because sometimes when Josie gets up from a nap she'll start hopping lifting her left rear leg like she's injured.

I did swing by to the vet luckly he had free time on his hands ( lunch break) He checked her joint movements to make sure it's nothing else and she seems fine and not in pain or showing any discomfort. That's when he says sometimes a dog's leg will fall asleep if they lay on one side for awhile. i do have hard floors so he recommended i getting her a bed. If it does continues he says to bring her in for a physical.

It usually only lasts a minute or so and she's fine.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
Akbar's back leg, the one he was laying on weirdly, last night probably fell asleep as he woke up with a limp for a few seconds and after he walked around he was walking normal. And he has never limped before so I'm sure dogs also can have legs that fall asleep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts