German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

I've been invited to a camping trip that is coming up in two weeks (the 16th). I would need to bring Anubis, my 14 week old puppy with me. He will be 16 weeks as of the camping trip and will have had his 3rd vaccination earlier that week. However, he will not yet have his rabies vaccination. The breeder has her puppies on a modified vaccination schedule, and she and her vet (who is now MY vet) do not recommend rabies until 18 weeks old.

At any rate...is it safe to take him camping into the Arizona wilderness, or would that be a stupid move. I realize rabies is a death sentence...but I would be watching him at all times when he wasnt in his crate and he would be on a lead, never running free (he is still a puppy after all).

If it were your puppy, what would you do? Are there any other factors I need to consider? Should I just tell my friends "Thanks, but I'll take a raincheck until the pup is older?"

Your input is appreciated.
Nick

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I wouldn't take him. There are too many risks in this world I have to take, if I can eliminate some-I will.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have let my friend know that we will not be attending this time around. Thanks for helping me decide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts