German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went camping last weekend and Heidi did ride in her crate in the back of the truck. I gave her some Comfort Calm (velaria root) before she left. When we arrived, she was anxious to get out, but did not seem unduly traumatized.

Heidi was incredibly good. We went to a big social thing with the other campers in our group, kids, a few little dogs, etc. on Fri. night and Heidi did great, I was so proud of her. The only thing was that she didn't want anyone to leave our group and barked at them to come back if they wandered away. At our camp, she was great in the tent and very german shephardish: If a car went by she perked up, if they slowed down she growled way down deep in her throat and woe to any car that came to a stop in front of our tent.

Anyhow there was a storm most of the day on Saturday, so we wound up coming home early, but at least Heidi and I got a long walk on Sat. morning.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
oh thats wonderful. It sounds like Heidi did great!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I went camping with Hugo @ 7 mos last 4th of July...
heard that growl, then a bark I have not heard since when
the ranger pulled up to give me my receipt.
(@self-pay rustic)

Camping is a ball, but I do think living outside definitely heightens the
awareness and instincts a notch or two, in both species.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, what a beautiful place! Can I ask where you were?

Heidi is six years old, but we are still always working on her socialization, seems like an ongoing process.

P.S. She let me go to the bathroom without her too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts