German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Re: Cambridge, OH - Shadow #717 Blk Adult Male

GOTTA LOVE THOSE SOLID BLACKS............

Thank you for looking at dogs from the Guernsey County Dog Warden Dept. We are a county run facility in Cambridge, OH, We are NOT a no kill shelter! Unfortunately we must euthanize due to illness, aggression, or overcrowding. We are located at the intersection of I70 and I77 in Southeastern OH.
Adoption fee is $60. Currently, any purebreds listed on our site for adoption MUST be spayed/neutered at adopters expense before leaving the shelter. No exceptions!!!!
We do not have an online adoption form but we can fax you an application. You may also call the shelter between the hours of 9-5 Mon through Fri and 9-3 on Saturday, for more information. If coming from out of town, please call first to make sure the dog you are interested in is still available.
Approved rescues also welcome!!!!
Shadow is a very active 5 yr old black shepard. He is an owner surrender. He is very friendly but needs some training and a person willing to work with him. He is a big guy and ready for someone with prior Shepard experience. He needs neutered before leaving the shelter at adopters expense. If you want a big nice guy, he may be for you!!!!

Guernsey County Dog Pound
Cambridge, OH
740-432-2219

·
Registered
30 Posts

I emailed the shelter to see if I could get his heartworm status and if he could be cat-tested. Still looking for a black...

·
Registered
342 Posts

Great to see you still here Welkinview. I've been thinking about you. Hopefully better luck with this guy and keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

If you're looking for a black GS, check out Warren at Mansfield, Ohio.

·
Registered
767 Posts

Be still my heart... Wow what a looker.
Love them all blacks

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Just talked to the shelter. Shadow is an owner surrender (lost job, couldn't afford), 5 yrs old, obedient, good on a leash, used to the outside, has been around kids but not lived with them, not sure about cats, not bothered by the other dogs at the shelter ( seems kind of blase about it), not neutered, appears healthy and normal weight. Has some time there (but let's not count on that, things at a shelter can change very quickly)

·
Registered
443 Posts

What a beautiful boy.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Noticed you are fostering Evan (posted in the Non Urgent section) and that you're having a tough time with him (you described him as feral like). Was wondering why you're looking for another blk GS. Are you planning on continuing to foster Evan?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Not fostering Even - adopted him. I am home all day & Even is going to need a long time of a regular schedule to come around. I am looking for an adult, that can go around the farm with Kaiser & I - company for us both. We both spend time with Even, but on a limited basis, which is all he can handle so far. I think Even will improve and maybe even be a great dog, but I think it will take years.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts