German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone's pup have "chill days"??? Sabo was a BEAST yesterday :eek:, wore me OUT!!! This morning? He's a chill furry speed bump on the floor. I notice that every now and then he is this way. Yesterday morning I couldnt play fetch long enough to wear him out, we went to puppy class, had a run in the fenced area with a GIANT lab puppy, and he STILL wasn't tired. He ran like a fool outside while we were trying to block off the dirt (hubby's money saving method FAILED and I'm off to homedepot in a bit), he played outside for a good hour while the ferrets ran around...and today, he's boring. :rolleyes:

The times I've noticed this behavior (usually once a week, he's an EXCEPTIONAL dog :laugh: calm and relaxed) I usually wake up the next morning with a larger version of Sabo in the crate! Here's to wondering (a) if this is normal behavior and (b) what version of hyper dog will I have tomorrow!

·
Registered
238 Posts
My puppy is extra hyper on some days, especially when he is getting a lot of attention :). He was extra 'chill' the day he got his second round of shots, which was to be expected, I guess...

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
mine NEVER calms down. Only way I get the furry speed bump look is when I crate him and then he huffs and puffs and flops and becomes a log. he's a hellion!

·
Registered
98 Posts
When ours is real tired the next day she is very calm. We had 3 other dogs visiting for dinner on Sunday and she ran and ran around. That night we practically had to carry her upstairs to bed. She slept the whole night and then wanted to spend most of the day at my feet napping. But she had a lot of fun!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Mine doesn't seem to settle unless crated. I think I've only seen him fall asleep twice outside his crate since I've had him (over 7 weeks now).

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
If Lisl and I work and/or play hard, the next day she's pretty sedated. Her energy level starts to increase in the early evening and I have to head that off with more playing or another long walk.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When Remy has a "chill" day it's usually the calm before the storm! He needs to stay on his exercise routine to say that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts